• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rectangular capped steel rock sliders for xj brand new never mounted

DigJeepsBrah

NAXJA Forum User
20130112_132152.jpg

A pair of them, they're both spotless, never mounted, only pulled this one out of the plastic to take a picture. I don't know what brand these are, the construction would allude to them being air tight if you wanted to hold air in them. no mounting brackets (if the come with them?) if anyone needs me to take any measurements of anything I definitely will. They're about 62" long at the longest point. I have a post on the main Colorado forum "Hello from Littleton, CO ect" that has a picture of my xj, they are the exact same sliders.

I was hoping to trade the set for a front or rear bumper? steering components, detachable sway bar links, fender flares, wheels, I'm open to trade offers as I'm building up an XJ right now anyway and I know trades work better for a suffering economy. But I'd probably take 250?ish cash for them. Unless that's unreasonable, please make me an offer.

Thanks.

What all needs fabricated to mount these up? Im interested in buying.

Basically a couple of pieces of square tubing that will fit over the square tubing coming out of the slider that would weld to your "frame" and pinch weld, otherwise square tubing to angle iron and bolt it up. I can take a picture of the underneath of my XJ to show you how they're mounted on it and you can do your best to interpret a method that would work for you depending on your fabrication skills. Give me like 5 minutes here.

Sweet!

Basically a couple of pieces of square tubing that will fit over the square tubing coming out of the slider that would weld to your "frame" and pinch weld, otherwise square tubing to angle iron and bolt it up. I can take a picture of the underneath of my XJ to show you how they're mounted on it and you can do your best to interpret a method that would work for you depending on your fabrication skills. Give me like 5 minutes here.

20130113_095526.jpg

Don't mind the ugly ass undercoating job.. I guess this thing used to live where there was a lot of snow.

20130113_095502.jpg

But that's the long and short of it. Gives you the option to drill and bolt up, or weld.

Thanks, I'll have to some research on the best way to make this work and figure out if it is something I want to tackle. So for now if you get another offer, take it.

No problem. I would imagine with a little leg work you could probly find these prefabbed mounts, otherwise I'm sure if you take these pics and a few rough measurements having these mounts fabbed up for you somewhere probly wouldn't run you into a lot of cash, or if you've even got access to a basic arc welder and a 4" cut off wheel it would be really easy to replicate.

I'll be around man, just gimme a holler.

Back