• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

putting in a new fuel tank

mikeyl

NAXJA Forum User
hey i'm putting a new stock replacement tank in my 91. is there a fix for the fact that my existing one will cutout turning right with a 1/4 tank or less. no baffles in either one and a search on the site doesn't mention much other than keep it filled. my stocker is banged up a bit and has one of the "bowl" spot welds broken so it weeps fuel if i don't keep a chunk of tank epoxy on it.

It just a jeep thing man, every jeep I have owned has done it! Not usre if there are any fixes to it besides always having more than a 1/4 tank of gas...:gee:

darn , well a fella can hope.....:dunno:

It just a jeep thing man, every jeep I have owned has done it! Not usre if there are any fixes to it besides always having more than a 1/4 tank of gas...:gee:

my jeep never did that.. and my new jeep doesnt

maybe you dont drive your jeep like we do when were low on gas....:gee:

Every Jeep we own besides my moms 98 does it man, so I dont think its just a coincidence and I have heard plenty of other people talk about it...:dunno:

maybe you dont drive your jeep like we do when were low on gas....:gee:

Every Jeep we own besides my moms 98 does it man, so I dont think its just a coincidence and I have heard plenty of other people talk about it...:dunno:

lol yea i drive it easy cuz i dont wanna run out! :wstupid:

diriving it easy...who does that anyways! :dunno:

Back