• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "WRONGSIDE"

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well since my current record of owning a RHD XJ is less than a week, I'm going to try to keep this one a little longer. I bought this from Brennen (chettacheez) on 6/3.

2000 Jeep Cherokee RHD-Silverstone Metallic, 175k miles, 4.0, AW4, NP231, D30, C8.25

These are the pictures Brennen sent me. I believe this was when he got it.

He was planning on lifting and wheeling it so he cut the fenders.

Since I'm planning on DD'ing this I'm going to put flares back on it and leave it near stock height. It just so happened that Dan (Fore Wheeler) had some pristine silver fenders (I wanted) and it also just so happened that my 8.25 had a limited slip (he wanted) so a trade was in order. He only lives about an hour and a half from where I picked the Jeep up so I went over and we did some good work. He got my cut fenders and LSD 8.25 and I got uncut fenders and flares and a non LSD 8.25. Again I am never going to wheel this one so I could care less about a Limited Slip.

Here I am tearing my old rear axle out at Wheeler's place.

And here are some pictures of it home.

Last edited:
Things that definitely need to be done
-Right side (driver's) floor pan
-Turn signal switch
-Power Steering Pressure Hose
-Headliner
-Carpet
-Undo rear cut and fold
-Reattach rear bumper caps and flares

Things I just want to do
-15x8 TJ Ravines with 30x9.50 15 tires (already have the wheels)
-2" Budget Boost
-WJ black leather front seats with XJ leather rear
-WJ Overland Steering wheel
-Body colored grille and headlight doors
-Factory tint or aftermarket 5% (haven't decided yet)
-Smoked front lenses and smoked tails (not the Euro style :puke: )
-Stainless manifold, full 2.5" exhaust, Magnaflow cat, Magnaflow muffler
-Cold Air Intake (possibly)
-Lebaron hood vents (possibly)
-Custom license plate "RTCYDXJ"

I forgot to mention a big thanks goes out to Brennen for telling me about this thing, Dan for trading me parts, and my girlfriend Kaitlin for being my copilot for 20 hours in 2 days and helping us swap parts at Wheeler's place. This Jeep is definitely a more solid foundation than the last RHD I had, can't wait to get going on it!

Last edited:
I always knew you were on the "other" side...so this is fitting :D

Can't wait to see it done!

Flexd'wheel it wrong sided on the green trails at WF14'XJ

I'm so jealous! Rock it out, Collin!!

Nonsense!

Thanks for the compliments guys! I have been working every day since I had to take some time off to go get this thing so I haven't been able to get much done. I did round up a set of scab 30x9.50s today and mounted them on my TJ Ravines that I had bought for the first RHD. I am thrilled with how they look!

I'm going to try to fit the rear bumper and caps tomorrow, attempting to build a bracket for the caps...the flares will be the last thing I attempt. It may have to go to a body shop to have something welded back on so I can attach the flare brackets but I will get the endcaps on myself. On Sunday, I plan to put 2" pucks in the front and from there I will figure out the rear lift.

Let me know what you guys think.
-Collin

Rears may be simple as using nutzertz or rivets on the inner fender wells to attach a intermediate bracket to hold the stock flare mounts. Bracket to hold the bracket cause brackets like extra brackets to hold brackets.

Rears may be simple as using nutzertz or rivets on the inner fender wells to attach a intermediate bracket to hold the stock flare mounts. Bracket to hold the bracket cause brackets like extra brackets to hold brackets.
Bird is the word to that yo. I could care less what the underside looks like.

Well not much of an update on this. I have been working on it the past couple days but it seems like I've gotten nothing done. I got the rear bumper on, removed the front pinstriping, and put a coat of wax on the front clip.

It turns out part of this Jeep has been repainted because the fenders I got from Dan match my hood and pillars but not the doors.

I am trying to figure out if I'm going to level it or not, if I can leave it stock and not rub the 30x9.50s I'm going to.

I have located some silver front bumper caps and airdam that I am going to pick up tomorrow and am also hoping to find some silver headlight bezels and a grille soon.

Just keep thinking to myself I'm so glad it runs like a dream and keep hoping that the 0331 doesn't crack.

Will update as parts are installed.

Can anyone think of an adhesive that would be strong enough to glue the rear flares on with? I thought about trying that method before I take it somewhere to have a lip welded back on.

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

Back