• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro Comp P/N#53111 Leaf springs

94HOCHEROKEE

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to know if anyone has run these spring before or know how much lift they give??

I want to re-do my rear lift because i'm running a block and AAL set-up and want actual flex out of my rear.:sunshine: Any opinion is welcome

Thanks in advance:viking:

I have them on mine 99. I got approx. 3.5" of lift from them. They ride pretty well, I was told they would be stiff, but I have no complaints. Flex decent. You will love them since you're replacing a block and AAL. Heck you'd love leaf springs made out of 2x4's if replacing a block and AAL.

I have them on my '94. I posted about the setup here http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1001214&highlight=53111

I removed the overload spring from the pack before installing it and it seems completely fine without it. I didn't want it to hamper the flex or provide a stiff ride. Also was trying to keep the lift to about 3"...which is right where it has settled to after about a year. Don't be surprised when it's 4"+ of lift for the first week! I loaded about 300# of sand in the back and flexed it on ramps to flatten them out a bit.

It's not too bad of a setup, but for the money, you could probably come up with something else if you shop around. I just picked up a much nicer '93 Country and will be saving for something like an OME or RE lift. Hopefully it will ride smoother than the old setup.

Hey first off, thanks for the reply and secondly I have shopped around and they are a really good deal for $101 a pack and they have the shim as part of the pack too correct?

I am looking for about 4"-4.25" of lift also so I wouldn't have to buy a longer shackle. I was thinking of going HD OE packs but for $99 a piece, and I would have to buy a 2" shckle on top. I think im going this route

They have a shim in the pack when they arrive correct????
Thanks again

I have a pair of these in my 99 with a 4.5 on it. I the pro comp leaves with a 1 inch TNT shackle. I am very happy with them for the money. They ride nice and flex well. I bought mine from Summit for around 240 shipped and yes they have the shims on them already. I would run them again any day.

They do have a shim and at 4"+, it would probably be okay. Since I removed the overload to keep the lift down a bit, the shim was too much for mine. Pinion is too high and creates vibes.

Pretty good deal for the money if you want some lift.

They do have a shim and at 4"+, it would probably be okay. Since I removed the overload to keep the lift down a bit, the shim was too much for mine. Pinion is too high and creates vibes.

Pretty good deal for the money if you want some lift.
By the way, I have a 1 inch t-case drop on my rig now. Do you think I will have to remove it, or even better do you know what degree shim they are??

Thanks again:cheers:

Back