• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ppl who steal things...

CLb33fyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
should die. some one stole all my tools from the auto shop here at school. atleast 3000 dollars worth of stuff. they just grabbed my box and walked off with it! :flamemad: i cannot belive that some just have so little respect and consideration for the people around them. i just cant believe it, how could you just take something know its not yours and walk off with it, i mean its not like a friggin pack of gum...3k+ dollars of tools! holy shit i am pissed off at this place. its the second time someone has stolen shit from me here. :smsoap:

Here here!!!!!!

One of the guys on another message board I go on thinks thieves should be strung up by their ankles and force fed ex-lax :gag: :eek: :puke:

Have you had anybody tell you that you shouldn't have left the tools there yet? It would piss me off when people would say that about the stuff that was stolen out of my truck in Feb, almost makes me wonder that if somebody was to catch the thief and beat the hell out of them, and they when asked why respond "well they shouldn't have broken into my ______ then" and what kind of answer you get.

You are are Ft Skyler and someone, another student, STOLE $3000 worth of tools and the command is not upset about it. I can't believe that they are not turning the place upside down. Back in the 'old days' the entire student body would be standing at attention on the grinder day and nite till they were recovered and the guilty student were kicked out on their ass no matter what country he/she was from... Guess that the standards have dropped and the honor code is nothing more than words on paper, so much for it being an academy with top notch maritime graduates who stand tall, proud and are honorable.
Sorry for your loss, it really bites. Guess I come from a time when you could leave your wallet on payday on your bunk and go take shower and it still be there undisturbed when you got back...

That definitely sucks. There's a saying here in the Corps that there's only one thief in the Marine Corps, everyone else is just tryin to get their stuff back...

Do they have any lockkers there or anything? I'd invest in a good lock if so. I've seen too many have stuff come up missing around here in our own shop of 25 or so Marines to take any chances like that. Someone has actually stolen my Gore-Tex coat at both commands I've been to. That's a $150-200 coat! Nothing compared to your tools, but still pretty damn frustrating...

BlackSport96 said:
That definitely sucks. There's a saying here in the Corps that there's only one thief in the Marine Corps, everyone else is just tryin to get their stuff back....

We had one thief on the fast attack I was on, kind of a karma the way that control room hatch slipped one nite as he was heading down and took off 4 of his fingers...damn shame...he got out with a medical...damn shame...

I hate it too, just a while back some pinhead ninny's broke a window in my cherokee jacked my tool box ( not $3000 worth, but a full tool box nonetheless) it also had spot lights, receiver shackle, jumper cables, drop light, etc alone with my cd player and all my cd's (the cd player was wood grain to match the country package in my xj's dash, not exactly a hot style I wouldn't think) some dvd's I had hidden a switch blade, a buck knife, some wal-mart gift cards (with no balance left on them, but I am sure that when their beaty eyes saw them they just imagined that they had hundreds left on them) a broken pocket watch I have had for many years than hung from my rear view, it was a family heirloom, worth nothing, I just liked it to hang from my mirror, -sentimental.... all my spare change except a few pennies.... which is really the kicker, they sat in my jeep long enough to get every last piece of silver in my center console..... yeah they were black..... I saw them before I knew they had gotten into my vehicle, when I was going to my jeep I saw one black off a ways dressed all in black peering into someone else's car and another one behind a bush, then all at once after I made my little discovery , they disappeared into the night. no, I am not prejudice, I just wish people would stop trying to identify with their hip hop and rap hero morons by acting out much of what those complete morons sing about, use some intelligence and make their time worthwhile on this earth, not just corrupting the world their whle life...
oh yeah they also took some sonic mints, my cell phone car charger and a few other odds and ends, so yeah I sympathize with you, but you know, little or small, anyone who would steal 50 cents , would steal a million dollars

RichP, actually i am at the US merchant marine academy, right across the way from fort schuyler. yeah apparently the honor code doesnt mean much to anyone anymore, and thats a damn shame. i cant stand ppl that steal. yeah the box was left in a locked room, or atleast it was supposed to be locked, and the box itself was locked. wish i had chaned it down. so far the command has down nothing. i had to go file apolice report, and they basically told me 'sorry for ya', try to see if your home owners will cover the loss. thing that really pisses me off is that its rampant around here. someone stole my traveling backpack and about 70 cds a few months back.
:explosion

If you replace the whole box it might be a good idea to get a lojack installed if thats possible. I've never seen one so I don't know how big it is or if it has it's own power supply and such or if it could even be used for this.
Another alternative is what alot gun owners do with gun safes, once the safe is in where it is supposed to be lay 20 bags of 7 1/2 shot in the bottom. In the case of a tool box like that I'd build a 8" deep box same size, fill with shot bags and then bolt the bottom anchor to the inside of the tool box.
I can come up with some other nasty 'deterents' that involve 120lb helical springs and a steel bar on a carousel that would break bones too....

I can come up with some other nasty 'deterents' that involve 120lb helical springs and a steel bar on a carousel that would break bones too....

OUCH!!!!!! :firedevil :worship: :eek: , WOnder what it would take to put some juice through the to shock them into leaving it, maybe just enough to make them wet themselves :scared: :twak:

Unfortunately the last two would get you thrown in jail not the lowlife who was trying to rip ya off. Had a bud rig a few blank shotgun shells to his garage door after getting jacked a few times and dang near went to the pokey over it.

Ask around, usually someone knows who the thieves in the unit are.

Sarge

Is your Merchant Marine Academy still an official U.S. service academy? Requiring a congressional appointment to be admitted?

If so, I'd suggest contacting your home district Congressman and making some noise. Look at all the ruckus people are raising about the Air Force Academy. The administration out there tried to soft-peddle both an epidemic of student rapes AND illegal religious prosletyzing by some of the chaplains and instructors. Took awhile, but heads rolled, and more are likely to follow.

I would think a refusal to deal harshly and effectively with a thief (or thieves) in the ranks should also lead to a Congressional inquiry. Especially if big-dollar items are being stolen from lcoked rooms. How many people have keys?

good luck, dude. 3 years in army barracks taught me how to lock up my $hit. one time my roomate stole laptop parts from me, a couple of months later this mexican living next to me stole the laptop, took it to mexico during christmas leave, and they caught him when his sister tried to get onto the internet.
another time they were moving everybody around, and a couple of guys whose old rooms we moved into had made illegal copies of their keys at WALLIE WORLD and they got my buddy's ps2, tv, etc. after a week 4 of us waited in one of the rooms (friday night), got wasted and BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF THEM.
oh yeah, i also got the clarion stereo that came in my jeep stolen at the stealership when they were replacing my cracked header. and that was without the faceplate....

the moral of the story is if you don't want it stolen, don't leave it there. if you do, plan on spending $$$ for a really good locking system, and still run a chance of them getting it if they want it bad enough to figure out a way around that....

I am taking this up my chain of command. eagle, yes we still are officially a service academy. i owe 8 years Navy reserve once i graduate, etc. well supposedly there are only two sets of keys to the room, one i held by the senior midn in charge of the club, and the other by the officer in charge of the club. the problem is that we share the garage space with the maintenence division, so they are always in the shop as well. but they are not supposed to be able to access our tool crib. :banghead:

All I can add is that I don't like thieves either.

A faster way to kill them all would take too long...

should definately die!!

I sympathize. I had about $8,000 worth of tools stolen from my work truck about 7 years ago. Fully enclosed chassis cab 1 ton with locked tool boxes all the way around. They picked the locks and took it all. I didn't even know is was gone until I opened one of the boxes to get my tools out on the job the next day! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!:mad: .

K

When I was taking tech classes someone broke into the shop at night and tried to steal welding equipment, rounding off every one of the acetylene regulator fitting nuts and left, not realizing they are reverse threaded. So, there is no intelligence among thieves. You must have had a lot of tools in there, so getting my stereo stolen a few years ago is nothing in comparison. The worst was that the thief decided he needed to apply cologne while inside my car. The jeep seat smelled like 99c store aftershave for the longest time.

Sad when criminals have more recourse than citizens. Sadder, when we got away from policing ourselves, to letting others blame us for 'allowing' someone to take our property. I figure if someone climbs a fence, breaks a window, and takes something, he's used up all his rights to a trial by anything other than a .45. Breaking and entering..shrug..breaking a trust..final.

poomba Sad when criminals have more recourse than citizens. Sadder, when we got away from policing ourselves, to letting others blame us for 'allowing' someone to take our property. I figure if someone climbs a fence, breaks a window, and takes something, he's used up all his rights to a trial by anything other than a .45. Breaking and entering..shrug..breaking a trust..final.

I'm with you 100% poomba!

yeah i agree with ya too poomba. yeah sure they could put a camera in there and they should, but they wont. so much theft (among other things) is just an unfortunate sign of the times. pisses me off but you cant really do much other than shake ur head and say WTF!

Back