• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possom

I would try leaning the ladder against the edge of the pool, you already know he'll climb it. Otherwise toss 120volts into the water, that'll give him a buzz! When he cools off just toss him over the fence.

:hang:

TIM

Plan B worked...

I shooed it back up to the shallow end, and (after a couple attempts) hoisted it out with the brush attachment and a 1,000,000 CP lamp. It ran off into the woods with a strange tale to tell.

LOL TBent, 120v was plan E.

The wife found 3 babies(large rat size) in the chicken house last week,she thought they were cute.Arn,t they good to eat --- for you "Southerns"
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
The wife found 3 babies(large rat size) in the chicken house last week,she thought they were cute.Arn,t they good to eat --- for you "Southerns"
Wayne

Depends on how you feed them....not my first choice but they make OK stew meat, passable sausage though their intestines make for pretty small link sausage if thats what your using for the casing. If they have been around a few years they can be a mite chewy... Now ground hogs, yummy...they make good hamburger.... :laugh3:

RichP said:
Depends on how you feed them....not my first choice but they make OK stew meat, passable sausage though their intestines make for pretty small link sausage if thats what your using for the casing. If they have been around a few years they can be a mite chewy... Now ground hogs, yummy...they make good hamburger.... :laugh3:

For a Jersey boy, you've assimilated to Pennsyltucky quite well.

Wayne Sihler said:
Wayne
man thats just nasty, armadillos is where its at

not to steal your post but cousin bought an 88 mj the other day that had been sitting for 2 years. for some reason the coolant over flow tank was missing the cap and there was atleast 10 mice in there, all sitting in anti freeze, some were without fur while there was just parts of others. that was the worst smell i have ever smelled. i got out of there before i had to do anymore work on that piece of crap

last one that got in my basement tried to bite me. Pissed me off so I grabbed a can of "QuickStart" and hosed him down. 30 seconds later he passed out and keeled over. That stuff is almost 99% ether. Picked him up with a shovel and dumped him on the heap of old car parts and administered the coup-de-gras courtesy of Mr. Browning.

aduke said:
not to steal your post but cousin bought an 88 mj the other day that had been sitting for 2 years. for some reason the coolant over flow tank was missing the cap and there was atleast 10 mice in there, all sitting in anti freeze, some were without fur while there was just parts of others. that was the worst smell i have ever smelled. i got out of there before i had to do anymore work on that piece of crap

Actually that works really well for getting rid of pests, they are attracted to the anti-freeze sweetness, drink it and then they die. Just don't leave it outside, it's bad for neighbor relations from people who own cats and dogs. There is a rodent poison like that too, they eat it and get ravenous thirsty, you leave the top seat up on the toilet, build a ramp up to it and when they dive in they can't get back out and they drown then you just flush em away.
we had a nest of mice in a tipped over garbage can, I flipped it back up on it's bottom then wondered what to do with 80+ mice. Neighbor kid suggested sticking the weed wacker in there. Hmmm, it worked like a gas powered cuizenart... :gag:

RichP said:

Ground hogs get all squishey when hit with a 50 grain from the Swift,bullet goes in- No exit- bet you could pour it out, Not my kind of drink !
Wayne

RichP said:
Neighbor kid suggested sticking the weed wacker in there. Hmmm, it worked like a gas powered cuizenart... :guitar:

:party: WooHoo,:woohoo: Dance Party!!:party:

aduke said:

Man, you should have smelled that pool before & during the pump-out. Last year's leaves on top of the last four years crop, that evolved into mung. The last 12" or so at the bottom was pretty damn exquisite... about the consistency of thawed out OJ concentrate, but OD green :laugh3: I have plenty composting if you'd like me to reconstitute a sample...

An old boss of mine got up one morning to his wife and daughters screams. Heaven forbid there was a mouse in the bathtub. He was going to get a stick and beat it to death until the females in the house said if he did that he would have to buy them a new bath tub. This guy was smart, he simply walked over to the back door, opened it and picked up the cat by the back of the neck. He walks into the bathroom, drops the cat in the tub an presto no mouse. He picks up the cat and caries it back outside. No fuss no muss.

Back