• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible Help Needed in San Diego

the_weirdo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
A good buddy of mine has a college kid with a 1997 TJ 4.0L that isn't running right. It's stumbling when the RPM reaches 3k RPM and just falls on its face with no power. The dad lives up in Sacramento and is about to make the drive down to try and fix it. To save him some time and gas money, he's looking for someone who can go over to the kid's place in San Diego and replace the front O2 sensor and the TPS to see if it fixes it. I figure that is like 30 minutes of work max to replace the TPS and front 02 sensor. He will pay for parts and give you $50 to replace the parts.

Let me know if you can help in the next week or so. If not, he'll just make the drive and fix it himself.

yeah, find out where. Shouldn't be a huge deal. We should probably diagnose it before buying parts. ODBII scanner will tell you a lot.

Last edited:
Heh, the kid should be in class on campus not out wheeling. :) We can get him diagnosed and taken care of. He'll probably walk away with some basic maintenance skills when we get done.

Still waiting to hear back from my buddy on the exact location. I hope to have more info later tonight.

No help needed, my buddy has other reasons to go down and they'll fix it together. He does really appreciate the offers to help.

Back