• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

porc sye

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
Location
utah
Just placed the order for my new porc sye 191.00 shipped. Now im off to the pick in pull for a auto front driveshaft. Can anyone recoment a good shop for lenghting and balancing in the northwest burbs Im right by ohear airport so anything around it would be awesome. thanks tim

p.s. how much should I get it lenghtened, The thing is I dont have the sye on yet or it lifted. I have a ax15 with a 5spd,np231 tc,c8.25 and I have the RE 6130 waiting to go on.(im doing everything all at once) so how much should I add on? thanks again.

Anything special I might want to bring with to make my life easyer at the junk yard?
 
I tried calling them, they are a bit pricey it seemed. He told me like 150 over the phone for lenghening. And the guy didnt even sound like he tought it was a good idea for what I told him I was doing.
 
The only way to know how long to make is wait until the lift is on and measure.
And $150.00 to retube isn't out of line. Compared to some of the stuff we spend money on, it's a pretty good deal.
 
IntrepidXJ said:
suburban driveline in villa park

That is where my XJ is right now.
just before WF, heard weird noises.
they found the TC was f' up.
total t-case rebuild.
don't even ask me how much$$$$
but I know where to go to get it done right the first time.
I got both of my DS built there.

...BOB
 
Thanks for the info guys. I didnt mean to say that they are a bad shop or that they were trying over charge me. Im all new to this so idk whats high and whats low for this kinda work. It just seemed higher than what I have read on other posts. But aside from getting the DS lengthened and balanced, is there anything else ill need to do so the the front DS so it will work in the rear, for example do I have to buy any special ujoints? or just what the stock u joints call for when replacing them as if the DS was still on the front of the auto cherokee it came from......dose this make since?

I have a np231 tc and a c8.25 rear. The "new" used front double cardagin DS is from a 90 or 91 auto cherokee leardo with aw4.
 
BOB said:
That is where my XJ is right now.
just before WF, heard weird noises.
they found the TC was f' up.
total t-case rebuild.
don't even ask me how much$$$$
but I know where to go to get it done right the first time.
I got both of my DS built there.

...BOB
Buy an Atlas and be done with it.......
:D

Hale
 
xj_toker said:
Thanks for the info guys. I didnt mean to say that they are a bad shop or that they were trying over charge me. Im all new to this so idk whats high and whats low for this kinda work. It just seemed higher than what I have read on other posts. But aside from getting the DS lengthened and balanced, is there anything else ill need to do so the the front DS so it will work in the rear, for example do I have to buy any special ujoints? or just what the stock u joints call for when replacing them as if the DS was still on the front of the auto cherokee it came from......dose this make since?

I have a np231 tc and a c8.25 rear. The "new" used front double cardagin DS is from a 90 or 91 auto cherokee leardo with aw4.

Length should be the only change.

FWIW, I'm running the porc sye and stock front shaft (perfect length for me) and it's worked fine for the last 2 years.
 
So I dont have to do anything crazy with the u joints or then, just buy the new ones that normaly go in the shaft and im golden basicly....and it will blot right in??
 
xj_toker said:
So I dont have to do anything crazy with the u joints or then, just buy the new ones that normaly go in the shaft and im golden basicly....and it will blot right in??

Yes
 
Back
Top