• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics

I hardly ever take pictures but here are the few I have.

Loaded up and ready to go to COFest

I went into BV and took my son to K's for a burger, then let him play at the park. I use to come here every summer from MT as a kid so it was nice to carry on the tradition.

My tent all set up. The tent next to it is Led's, apparently copying me with the JK wasn't enough and he had to copy my tent too. .!.. :D ..!.

The first trail we went to was Chinaman's. Justin got his freshly completed buggy stuck in the parking lot. :D

My son decided he needed a nap

Our group Thursday night

I took my son to St Elmo Saturday afternoon so he could feed the chipmunks. Another thing I used to do as a kid.

And the Jeep back in the driveway after a long trip home.

I had a great time and got to run several really good trails, plus spend a lot of quality time with my son who also seemed to really enjoy himself. I'm looking forward to next year.

I only took a few pics on the Chinaman run but the wife has a bunch on her phone, I'll post up when we get them transferred from phone to computer.

LOL........ Justin's stuck reminds me of a way-back-in-the-day stuck when Grant did the exact same thing when unloading for a run on Holy Cross. His rig was on 37's too.... As I recall, he had to winch back onto his trailer.....

Gotta be a photo of that archived around here somewhere..... well maybe not.... as it'd been a photo someone would have had to scan in later....... that's how far back-in-the-day that was....... :D

Here's some from Chinaman Gulch:

Maiden voyage for my new rig:

Led

Crispy on his first trail run

Tom came all the way from South Dakota

John & Cindy came all the way from Illinois

Dutch

Zach in Fred's rig

Justin's buggy

Last edited:
LOL........ Justin's stuck reminds me of a way-back-in-the-day stuck when Grant did the exact same thing when unloading for a run on Holy Cross. His rig was on 37's too.... As I recall, he had to winch back onto his trailer.....

Gotta be a photo of that archived around here somewhere..... well maybe not.... as it'd been a photo someone would have had to scan in later....... that's how far back-in-the-day that was....... :D

Damn, no escaping those moments of shame. I recall breaking a front u-joint on that damn trailer the same year.

Really miss hanging out with the NAXJA crowd, those were fun times. This is likely to be my last year working in professional racing, I am getting tired of all the travelling and long hours - so perhaps I may have time in the future to come visit you bunch of degenerates. Will probably still enter a car or two at Pikes Peak next year, we did win our class this year, and the driver is looking to upgrade to the twin turbo Radical for 2015 and try to win class again.

Stay well my NAXJA friends

I took my son to St Elmo Saturday afternoon so he could feed the chipmunks. Another thing I used to do as a kid.

Interesting timing. :rolleyes:

I had my boys and wife there Wednesday for a little family get out of dodge yearly camping trip. We stayed Tuesday to Thursday at Iron City camp grounds. (In the wife's HONDA pilot) Probably passed some of you as we were leaving and you were coming up.

Interesting about chipmunk crossing; my youngest and the wife got bite by the little chipmunk buggers on Wednesday.

Looks like fun, one of these days I will have to invest in my poor Jeep again to get it back out, been a long time. :(

Miss you ****ers. :cheers:

Last edited:
It was a good trip overall...minus some bad stuff.

Thursday: A day full of stupid simple mistakes. Was only running on a few hours of sleep...in my truck no less. Overheated due to forgetting to turn my fan on.

Friday: Holy Cross...lots of fun, except once AGAIN forgot to turn the fan on.

Saturday: Iron Chest. Was going great till I got going a weeeee bit too fast and managed to run into an outcropped rock. Sheared 3 or 4 steering studs and punctured a sidewall on my driver's front Irok.

I've got a plan for all of it:

1.) DCControl fan controller is now in

2.) Solid knuckles with Artec Keyed Arms

3.) Loooookie what I just picked upppp:

:party:

We had a great time, just got home late afternoon yesterday. Passenger trailer tires blew out at 78mph on I-76 a little south of Julesburg, had to unload the jeep, air up it's tires and the trailer spare (guess I really should have two), and have Cindy follow me in the jeep to Ogallala where we got 4 new tires and continued on our way. Just glad it didn't happen on the curvy parts of hwy 50, or while passing a semi, or later in the day after the tires stores closed.

Just got all the pics uploaded to the computer, will get some on photobucket soon.

I was in Colorado for 10 days and took one picture and that was of some mooses west of Boulder near Ward, CO. Will enjoy seeing your pics John.

Tom
Teal xj, SD plates

Last edited:
We had a great time, just got home late afternoon yesterday. Passenger trailer tires blew out at 78mph on I-76 a little south of Julesburg, had to unload the jeep, air up it's tires and the trailer spare (guess I really should have two), and have Cindy follow me in the jeep to Ogallala where we got 4 new tires and continued on our way. Just glad it didn't happen on the curvy parts of hwy 50, or while passing a semi, or later in the day after the tires stores closed.

Just got all the pics uploaded to the computer, will get some on photobucket soon.

Did Cindy overload it with rocks ?

Got a little more spare time, gonna post up some random pics from the rest of our trip.

ATVer got a ride in a 4wd ambulance, American Basin near Ouray...

Island in the Sky, Canyonlands

Alpine Tunnel

Chipmunks!

Pagosa Springs

Piedra River near Pagosa

Canyonlands again

Piedra River Trail

St Elmo

Sunset view from Pagosa Springs condo

Somewhere near Ouray

Back