• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photo hosting recommendations?

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I started a thread several months ago and was posting pictures linked to FB. I had no idea that apparently, from time to time, that FB relocates the pictures which messes up the links to my images. They disappear.

So what do you guys recommend for a photo hosting site? Are they all about the same?

I know of Photobucket and Flickr. Are their others that are better?

I use an iPhone to take and upload a lot of my pictures to FB. Is one more friendly to iPhone usage?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a greenhorn when it comes to this stuff. I know my XJ peeps will steer me in the right direction.

I started a thread several months ago and was posting pictures linked to FB. I had no idea that apparently, from time to time, that FB relocates the pictures which messes up the links to my images. They disappear.

So what do you guys recommend for a photo hosting site? Are they all about the same?

I know of Photobucket and Flickr. Are their others that are better?

I use an iPhone to take and upload a lot of my pictures to FB. Is one more friendly to iPhone usage?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a greenhorn when it comes to this stuff. I know my XJ peeps will steer me in the right direction.

I use Photobucket. They have a pretty nice app for Andriod users. I'm sure they have a nice one for I-phone as well.

I use it so much that I pay the subscription to have tons of storage.

I use Photobucket and also do most of my pictures on my iPhone. Never once had a gitch and I have a couple hundred pictures in Photobucket going back 4 years or more I guess.

You may have to educate me on apps and stuff to get set up on Saturday at the WF.

Ok, I set up a photobucket account which was a lot easier than I thought. I've begun to download the images from my iPhone, which I'm guessing can take a while since I have A LOT on it. Like over 1200.

Maybe this will be a step in the right direction.

Word of advise....

Get an external hard drive ($50 or so at Walmart) and download all your photos to folders on the hard drive, then only put the ones that you want to post onto NAXJA on Photobucket.

That is how I do it. The transfer from my iPhone or digital camera to the external hard drive is mere moments and it is a form of storage that I can use on any computer, and is portable so I can take it with me I need to, or if the house catches fire, I can grab it and run.

The photobucket downloads take a long time, which is why I ONLY download the photos I want to post to NAXJA on it.

Word of advise....

Get an external hard drive ($50 or so at Walmart) and download all your photos to folders on the hard drive, then only put the ones that you want to post onto NAXJA on Photobucket.

That is how I do it. The transfer from my iPhone or digital camera to the external hard drive is mere moments and it is a form of storage that I can use on any computer, and is portable so I can take it with me I need to, or if the house catches fire, I can grab it and run.

The photobucket downloads take a long time, which is why I ONLY download the photos I want to post to NAXJA on it.

This! ^^^^^^

I've used photobucket for years. They just came out with the iPhone app which was a little tricky for me at first but now I can upload pictures where I want them to go the first time!

Now you guys tell me.....ha!

I will go to shopping for an external hard drive then that way I have a place to keep everything.

Imgur.com. Drag file from desktop on to web site. It uploads and gives you a link. Done.

Photobucket does that too.... JS!

Yep... I use photobucket too and it works great.

I've been using photobucket since the first day I joined NAXJA, and have been uploading all of my pictures there ever since. If I'm worried about it getting stolen and passed around the interwebz, I don't upload it. Most of my pics I'm happy to show to anyone who'll look, though.

Back