• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting Out: 1992 Jeep Cherokee 2-door 4.0L/5-speed

1x1_Speed_Craig

NAXJA Forum User
I'm bringing this 1992 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) 2-door home this Wednesday. It has 204K miles, and has the 4.0L/AX15 5-speed/NP-231 in it. It's a good runner (confirmed by a couple guys here on the forum who know the girl I bought it from), and was daily driven by a twenty-something single mom until the floors were too holy to keep driving.

Pics were obviously taken before the snow flew. It looks identical now, but with more snow. :roll:

Parts NOT available:
  • 4.0L engine & motor mounts (I'm using it for my FC170 project driveline mock-up, and will sell it after I am done.)
  • AX15, bellhousing & clutch are already sold.
  • NP-231 will be used for my driveline mock-up, as well.
  • The pimp lights mounted on the roof (already spoken for by a friend)
  • Rear quarter plastic trim pieces: SOLD $20
Unless someone is going to pay crazy top-dollar for the stock axles :D (unlikely with the expected 3.07 gearing, but to be confirmed later this week) and completely average steel wheels/tires, I'll be leaving the axles/springs/wheels & tires underneath so I can dolly the "carcass" in for scrap when I'm done.

The interior is gray. Doors have manual windows & locks. No A/C (it has the A/C delete). Windshield is less than a year old, and in very nice shape.

Here are just a few of the main items/prices I'm throwing out...
  • PCM (4.0L/5-speed): $40
  • Windshield (U-pull): $40
  • Rear Quarter Glass (pair): $35
  • Doors, door glass, regulators, etc.: $40
  • Driveshafts: $40 each
  • Hood: $25
  • Front seats (2-door with flip-forward backs, gray): $40/pair
This Jeep won't be around long, so speak up quickly with what you want/need.

Thanks,
Craig

1511915_10202947871887693_1078597175_n.jpg

1174626_10202947872807716_2088165732_n.jpg

1526246_10202947873367730_1963754075_n.jpg

Probably a long shot judging by the rust on it, but what kind of shape is the front DS in? The slip joint in mine is shot and it seems to be tough to find a manual front shaft which is what I need. I have no problem doing the front U joint, but need the slip joint and CV to be decent at least.
Also, another speedbump is I'm in PA, would you ship the shaft?

Probably a long shot judging by the rust on it, but what kind of shape is the front DS in? The slip joint in mine is shot and it seems to be tough to find a manual front shaft which is what I need. I have no problem doing the front U joint, but need the slip joint and CV to be decent at least.

I'll inspect for slip joint & CV slop this Saturday when we pull it. I'm willing to ship if you're willing to pay. In the past, I have used those triangular long shipping "tubes", and grafted two of them together to get the required length. More to come...

I'll inspect for slip joint & CV slop this Saturday when we pull it. I'm willing to ship if you're willing to pay. In the past, I have used those triangular long shipping "tubes", and grafted two of them together to get the required length. More to come...

We pulled the Jeep apart today (here are my girls posing after helping out today). The front driveshaft slip joint is tight, and the CV joint appears to be good too. It will need a new front U-joint (one of the caps fell off during removal, and the needle bearings are scattered on the floor. :D

Let me know if you want to move forward, and I can ship it on your dime.

1545758_10202988461022396_996912964_n.jpg

Back