• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part Out - 93 XJ - 4.0, AX-15, 242, 3" lift, D30 w/4.88

Moo Moo Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
OK it's official I'm parting my XJ out. Whatever is left I'm taking to junk yard by the end of next week. It's 1993 Cherokee with 4.0L motor, AX-15 manula trany i NP-242 t-case (Full-time). It has 209,352 miles on the title and 174,068 miles on the cluster. I guess PO changed gauge cluster which would explane mileage difference and gauges not working. Jeep is located in Linden, NJ 07036.

Motor used to run good but since this week I can't start it anymore. I think fuel pump quit working b/c I can't hear it buzzing anymore after I turn ignition key. Last week I could hear it working and motor was running well. Brakes are not operational (power booster is not installed, some of the hard lines are missing). Last week I put front of the Jeep on jackstands (only front driveshaft is connected), started the engine and shifted through all gears several times to check if trans works ok. It does, no grinding or any other funny noises. Some pictures are on RC board but I can take more: http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php?topic=18075.0

I can ship smaller parts on buyer’s dime but big ones need to be picked up or I can deliver them for gas money. Most likely I will be in RC at the end of October so I can take almost anything with me. I can take more pictures just ask what you need. All prices OBO.

I will take trades for 35”-37” Pitbull Rocker or Nitto Mud Grappler tires and for XJ parts like rock sliders, HD front and rear bumpers, aftermarket or stock front or gas tank skid plate, aftermarket motor/trany skid plate, light bar, rear quarter armor, tube doors, interior storage drawers interior storage basket or some other aftermarket XJ parts.

Motor, drivetrain & miscellaneous
Complete motor 4.0L w/harness, computer and all accessories (intake, exhaust manifold, starter, alternator, power steering pump etc.) $250
Radiator $25
Trany AX-15 $175 Sale pending
T-case NP-242 $75
Motor, trany & t-case $450
Motor & trany $400
Exhaust w/cat and cherry bomb muffler (nice low exhaust sound) $40
Metal gas tank (looks pretty new) $30
Front CV driveshaft $20
Rear driveshaft with slip yoke $10
Front axle HP Dana 30 complete w/steering, track bar and brakes rotors and calipers (might need to be replaced) w/4.88 gears, welded u-joints, LP diff cover, passenger side bumpstop pad is rusted away (metal bump inside coil spring). $250
I can sell 4.88 gears with carrier and bearings $150 but then I’m keeping axle shafts.
Rear axle Chrysler 8.25 rusted, 3.07 gears, no brakes (no drums, no shoes, no harware) $30

Suspension, Steering, Wheels and Tires
3" coil springs $50 Sale pending
Front nitro shocks good for about 5", made in Germany, were blue before I painted them black so they might be Bilstein, new black boots. I’m not sure but I think I removed them from lifted Wrangler YJ long time ago. $30 for both. Sale pending
2 stock upper arms $10
2 stock lower arms $10
All 4 arms $15
Leaf springs (rusted) and stock shackles free if buyer removes them. Pending
Rear ProComp shocks painted black, new black boots, good for 5" of lift, 1 has ding but works ok $15 Sale pending
Power steering box $25
Steering wheel $10
Steering column with key $15
Stock steel wheels 15x8 painted black. 4 stock Goodyear Wrangler 235/75R15 tires but 3 different models of them. 2 have about 50% and 2 almost brand new. $40 each new one (I paid $45 for 1 of them), $20 each used. Spare doughnut $15. $100 for all 5.

Body and interior
The whole body with whatever left :) and clear title (209352 miles) $100
Hood $25
Header panel $20
Front fenders $30 for both or $20 for each
4 Wrangler stock cut flares $20
Front and rear doors have been modified to be easily removed. Front doors have small rotten holes in lower part (see pics) but I sanded and painted black lower part of all doors to stop rust. Manual windows, door locks and mirrors.
Rear hatch. If closed can be opened only from inside that’s why inside plastic panel is cut next to the lock.
2 front doors $50
2 rear doors $50
All 4 doors $80
Beige front seats with brackets and sliders $20 each or $30 for both
Beige center console $15
Beige dash $20

Free stuff if you pick it up. Sorry no shipping on these.
Dual-diaphrame brake booster
Gauge cluster
Gas pedal
Radiator overflow bottle
Washer fluid bottle
Head lamps
Tail lamps (right one cracked and have hole)
Turn signal lenses (might have some cracks)

Jeep is located in Linden, NJ.

Today I took out front suspension, D30, front fenders, header panel, front wheels and tires. More to follow.

I have some pics of D30, control arms and tires and wheels on my cell. If anybody wants pics of any parts PM me your cell # I can text them to you.

Sale pending on:
Suspension
Trans
Front D30 axle
Exhaust

Im interested in the steering box, im pretty close (paramus). I can pick up sonetime this week

Somebody PMed me about 3" colis springs but I dealeted his PM b/c suspension was sold but now it's available again. I just found out today that the guy who bought it from me cracked the block in his XJ so he wants to sell the whole lift.

Little bit more info about leaf springs: 3 top leaves most likely are Rubicon Express. Before I sold them I compered them to to RE leaf springs I have on another XJ and both are tapered the same way and have the same teflon pads at the leaf ends. I'm also pretty sure bushings have the same weird (different than stock) Rubicon Express diameter, something like 1.25" or 1.5" by the shackle and 2.5" by the frame. The 4th lowest leaf looks like some kind of weight carring leaf b/c is almost strait. They looked better than I thought and had only surface rust nothing bad. If I remember right all teflon pads were there too.

If anybody is interested in the whole lift or parts post here or PM me and I will PM you the seller's cell #.

Last edited:
Lower prices. I can take some pics.

Motor, drivetrain & miscellaneous
Motor 4.0L SOLD
Radiator was $25 now $20
Trany AX-15 was$175 now $125
T-case NP-242 was $75 now $50. It's newer than the Jeep. I think '95 but have to double check.
Exhaust w/cat and cherry bomb muffler (nice low exhaust sound) was $40 now $25
Metal gas tank (looks pretty new) was $30 now $20
Front CV driveshaft $20
Rear driveshaft with slip yoke $10
Front axle HP Dana 30 complete w/4.88 gears, SOLD
Rear axle Chrysler 8.25 rusted, 3.07 gears SOLD

Suspension, Steering, Wheels and Tires
3" coil springs SOLD
Front nitro shocks good for about 5" SOLD
2 stock upper arms $10
2 stock lower arms $10
All 4 arms $15
Leaf springs SOLD
Rear ProComp shocks painted black SOLD
Power steering box (1 bolt snapped so it has to be drilled out) was $25 now $15
Stock steel wheels 15x8 painted black. 4 stock Goodyear Wrangler 235/75R15 tires but 3 different models of them. 2 have about 50% and 2 almost brand new. $40 each new one (I paid $45 for 1 of them), $20 each used. Spare doughnut $15. $100 for all 5.

Body and interior
The whole body SOLD
Hood SOLD
Header panel was $20 now $15
Front fenders SOLD
4 Wrangler stock cut flares SOLD
Front and rear doors have been modified to be easily removed SOLD
Beige front seats with brackets and sliders SOLD
Beige center console SOLD
Beige dash SOLD

Back