• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Part it out vs. selling whole rig: 1997 XJ Sport

TruffleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 XJ with a list of mods for sale, but not sure the best way to sell it. Hence the title of the thread. I will list the mods here momentarily, but the first thing you should no is that she is not starting right now, and when she did there was some rough running issues. Engine has 224000 on her. I have been trying to tune her up and find the issues. She just got a new battery(napa), plugs, plug wires, cap&rotor. I also hooked her up to a diagnostic(handheld) at o'reilly's and it spit out the code for the O2 sensors being bad. There are two in my years model (didn't buy the bosch ones at o'reilly's). That is where i am at right now.

Here are the mods:
OME 3" Lift Kit w/SYE (got it from DPG)
JKS quick discos
OME Steering Stabillizer
Currentlync Heavy Duty Tie Rod and Draglink
JCR stage 4 Front Bumper with tie in brackets
Class 3 (pretty sure can double check) Rear tow hitch
Aftermarket (can check name) exhaust manifold and down pipe
Dynomax Muffler
31x10.5 BFG AT (can check exact tread depth, but real good)
Ruffstuff Front Differential cover with Lubelocker gasket
Yakima Roof rack bars with Mountain bike carrier
Sony MP3 player/cd player with Sony back speakers

Body is in decent shape, no dents or rust, just some paint fade spots. Color is black.

Might get more to strip her down and part her out. Or could be someone's new whole rig, i.e. add stroker!

Not sure what to do but i am not going to spend anymore money on her as i am aquiring a new jeep soon.

Would like to get between $3000-3500 (blue book plus half value of mods), but $2500-3000 is probably more realistic. Let me know what you think. Thanks

If this is in the wrong forum, sorry.

2500-3000 sounds really reasonable.

Will post some pics, and list prices of parts if i go that route. Hoping to draw interest for the whole rig, so a picture would be appropriate. Will take some current ones today and post later. Thanks

Update: Tuned her up and she is running great. Selling her as is and asking $3300. I still have no pics, but message me and I can send you some over the phone. This rig will be someone's new toy!

Trade you a Neon! :D

Here are some pics...
PICT0003.jpg
[/IMG]
PICT0002.jpg
[/IMG]
PICT0001.jpg
[/IMG]

Back