• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Our Heep grows up.

RAM-ROD

NAXJA Forum User
Most of you have seen our heep go through the normal changes. 30's with no lift. Then 3.5 RE lift and 31's.Then went to clayton long arms. Jeep did fine, drove down the road great. Problem was as always we wanted to tackle harder trails. Being open open with stock gears was a limiting factor. So the question was posed do we keep the the 8.25 that just had a brand new limited slip put in it and put the HP 30 I had in the barn under it with gears and a front locker and run 33's or do i not waste one more step and take her to where she will prob go in a year or two anyway. Those of you that know my kick ass wife Tara. Know she loves Jeeps and loves to wheel. So as we talk about the two options in her wisdom she says" John if you get 33's and then tell me next year you want 35's and we only get half of what you just paid for gears, locker, tires and set up up I prob will kick you right in the ass"...........So 35's and full widths with 4.88's yukon locker in the rear 9" and Tru-trac in the front trussed HP 44 with one ton steering from RuffStuff, Shackle Relo bracket from HD off road and 35" MTR Kevlars were ordered, built and put under the heep. I have to give a big shout out to all of the guys at SK Offorad for all the help with the many things I am still learning how to do correctly not to mention the lift and all the cool tools Sean has at his shop.

So the specs as of now for our wheeling/ Expedition rig.

2000 Jeep XJ 96,000 miles
AW4 with computer over ride for first or second gear lock
Full width 9" out of 78 ford 4.88 gears, Yukon Grizzly Locker
Trussed 44 HP out of a 78 ford ( castings have been cut out and axle re tubed) Tru Trac 4.88 gears
Napier Flairs
HD Offroad Relo brackets
Ruff Stuff- Diff Cover, Pinion guard, one ton steering, trac bar kit
Clayton shackles and coil retainers
35" MTR Kevlars
Other stuff
Hope you also like the primer.....axle build put body work on hold...lol
FINISHED3.jpg

FINISHED2.jpg

FINISHED1.jpg

FINISHED4.jpg

Thanks Guys....Looking forward to getting her in the dirt....Alingment tomorrow morning

I like the back up lights in the rear hatch.

Looking Good John! :cheers:

thanks Phil, K-man and Aaron. Lots of work but well worht it....Good to talk to you last night Phil....M&G at our place later in August......

You had better keep it in the mall parking lot with those Bushwacker flares on it.
After the third tome of putting them back on the holes will be 3/8 in diameter, then you will need washers and bigger bolts and then you will loose one, then another and it is almost cheaper to buy the whole set...

I will find a pic of mine when it was pretty for six months...

Back