• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Onto my third and best xj!

dachacho

NAXJA Forum User
Hello naxja, ive been away for a while as i havent had a jeep for about a year. In that year i have started working at jeep as a entry level technician (im only 20) going through chrysler academy training and now preparing myself to be level 2 certified. My first car was a 97 xj country that my dad passed down to me when i got my license, while it was mine i did a 3" rustys offroad lift with 31" yokahama a/t. since then i have been absolutely infatuated with the xj, due to financial situations i had to sell it for an acura for the past 3 years... i am finally in a place where i was able to finance an immaculate xj (to build credit also) that would be everything my 97 wasnt. i bought it in puyallup at a small dealer called hd's auto, i wasnt expecting much but it was actually an awesome experience, highly recommended they only have really good condition cars from what i saw. when i did my initial inspection of the car you could immediately tell it had been babied and taken care of right. of course it had typical 4.0l leaks although minor, maybe a few seaps from the rear main and oil pan gasket, plus the trans pan and front diff cover. all things i can do at my work very easily. the day after i got it i noticed coolant in the valve cover, traced it to a minor cut in the upper radiator hose by the clamp, $20 no big deal. The ONLY thing i am concerned about is the 0331 head cracking. the coolant is bright green and the oil is clean and there doesnt seem to be anything abnormal under the valve cover, ive seen 2000/2001's at work with the problem and it doesnt display any warning signs. that being said i just wanted to post a picture of it and say that it feels amazing to be back with the xj family, one of the most loyal and diehard followings out there, and for good reason. our cars are awesome!

attachment

..... it feels amazing to be back with the xj family, one of the most loyal and diehard followings out there, and for good reason. our cars are awesome!

First off let me say welcome back man.
Glad the Jeep sickness finally got the best of you (again) lol
...and secondly...how dare you call our Cherokee's "CARS"
:)

Back