• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One more roof rack question

XJeacdabnow

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I bought a surco roof rack from ebay for like 75.00. Now I am wondering if these things came with the cross rails that you can buy the special adapters for to fit in your oe roof rack, or is all that an added cost? (the surco brand of yakima load bars)Has anybody ever purchased one of these racks before? What actually came in the box?
Thanks in advance,:anon:

The only thing that came with mine was the rack. No mounting hardware and had some missing screws to assemble it too but I think that was a screw up on Summit Racing's part. Never buy off road accessories from them. They have no clue.........just like the parts store idiots.

I had to buy factory rail mounts for another $80 for 4. What a ripoff but I did it anyway.

Muddy, where did you score the roof rails? All the places on the net i look only have the actual roof rails, not the ones that look like yakima load bars. I know I have to buy the adapters for the OE racks, but I am also trying to find the rails. Where do I look?
Thanks,

I hope you're not trying to do what I'm thinking. You aren't planning on mounting this rack to the cross bars of the factory roof rails are you?

No, they are way to fimsey. I just want to know where I pick up a pair or surco brand rails or could I just by the OE roof adapters and buy som 1" square tubing and mount the adapters to that?

The rack should have two or three, depending on the size, cross beams already with it. Mine were about 1 1/2" square that the rest of the rack was attached to. That is were the mounts are attached. Summit Racing or anyone who carries Surco racks should have or can order them for you.

Back