• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympus offroad

Parker Colorado is where Daniels office and our shop is located. Currently our lights are assembled in our own factory located in China mentioned here: http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.com/Why-Olympus_ep_45.html

We recently acquired a building in California and have plans to expand some operations there, but doing so while being able to keep our prices low is a challenge in itself.

I believe we spoke about it through private message, but for everyone else the rock light deal was a mis-communication on our end and indeed our fault. (the rock lights were never intended to be included in the black friday sale, yet the website wasn't updated ) Several customers were affected. All rock light orders were fulfilled as soon as we could replenish stock. The deal we offered the following Monday cleaned us out quicker than we anticipated.

I currently work remotely (on the right coast), and will be out in Colorado soon which will help things run smoother on our end.

-Sam

Sam - I'm sorry, I missed the part about China. What I saw was the office in CO on the about page. As stated before, I have no complaint about you. To be quite honest, I would have never posted this had it not been for my interaction with Daniel. If / when you are more involved with this, please let me know. I would feel comfortable giving you all another shot at that point.

Kcmudbug doesn't seem to be happy with anything he's bought recently. He posted twice tonight about Detours Off-road. It appears that he thinks the little guys should be able to produce and ship as fast as the big guys.

I have posted twice tonight about detours. One was in the feedback forum, the other was in modified tech asking about d ring sizes and metal strength and experience of other backbone owners. I've ordered from and talked to a number of vendors since I bought this xj in October. These two were the only ones that I had any problems with. I was happy with Daves (very, very happy!!!). serious offroad, Fat bobs garage, DPG offroad (another A++), iron rock offroad, Henshaw's CB, etc.

As with most consumers, I'm guilty of mostly discussing my negative experiences. Hopefully this will help you understand that I'm not mad at the world. I just figured I would get it all out there while I was at it.

Sam - I'm sorry, I missed the part about China. What I saw was the office in CO on the about page. As stated before, I have no complaint about you. To be quite honest, I would have never posted this had it not been for my interaction with Daniel. If / when you are more involved with this, please let me know. I would feel comfortable giving you all another shot at that point.

I have posted twice tonight about detours. One was in the feedback forum, the other was in modified tech asking about d ring sizes and metal strength and experience of other backbone owners. I've ordered from and talked to a number of vendors since I bought this xj in October. These two were the only ones that I had any problems with. I was happy with Daves (very, very happy!!!). serious offroad, Fat bobs garage, DPG offroad (another A++), iron rock offroad, Henshaw's CB, etc.

As with most consumers, I'm guilty of mostly discussing my negative experiences. Hopefully this will help you understand that I'm not mad at the world. I just figured I would get it all out there while I was at it.

-Daniel -

As far as any comments I made... I was just honest... may have come across sharp but in the end there was an advertising mistake and we had to fix it. But in fairness.... I responded in kind..... sorry if it was harsh...

And you are correct... nobody talks about the good stuff... even google screws us... I know of over 50 good reviews on Olympus that climb to the top of google... the slide away only to let any neg or bad ones surpass to the top... But that is the nature of the beast....
-Daniel -

Last edited:
Daniel -
I really appreciate you taking the time to post and the candor of your post. I was replying at the same time you were and didn't see it before I responded. Please hold Sam in very high regard in your business. He has really pulled through for you. I appreciate your offer to send us some goodies to make up for things, but that is not necessary. I'm happy to see you stand up and take ownership. I'll be in touch when I'm ready (read when I save up more $) to do the lighting and bumper on my 4 wheeler. I'm thinking about a 5 or 6" light bar on it. If we have a good transaction at that point, I promise to add some positive feedback for you.

I have chatted with Daniel on occasion, and specifically when I was at fault for mis-ordering the white pod lights vs black, and he was prompt in fixing my situation. I do usually talk directly to sam as I know the person to the name and I like that when ordering stuff, and his efforts are second to none, as far as anyone I have dealt with in the business.

to KCMudbug, I am all about things being handled corrently and in a timely manner. I blew up when Browndog wasn't living up to thei experiences I had had with them before, and a bad email I received. But being informed of all the info effecting their side, I withdrew my statements and angst toward them. Knowledge is truly power. While you may not be supporting Olympus because they are a small business of cool guys looking to grow, a lot of us are. And there are growing pains and mistakes. As a customer, it sucks. But as someone wh owants to see "local guys" do well and grow, you have to take it as part of the process, give real no bs feedback and let them do their best to correct it. Itll pan out for everyone involved. Id rather deal with some issues from these guys than the asshattery that is 4wheelparts any day.
Sam is a rockstar for customer service and knowledge and really will boost These guys once he is CO. :thumbup:

Just wanted to post up saying i got my lights and i am VERY pleased with them.

I ordered rock lights but I used them for something a little different...

DSCF4258_zps38cdefbf.jpg

DSCF4259_zps2d56b9ff.jpg

DSCF4260_zps07c1fa19.jpg

with the help of XCM and SidewaysStarion we got them mounted cleanly to the hatch and wired into the rear dome light switch, now i can tap the rear light to turn them on or off with the interior lights. I have about a 12 foot wide spread of bright white light around the rear of the jeep for a camp light, repairs, or my original intended purpose... beer pong! It will look a lot better once I change the interior dome lights over to matching color LED but for now I am very happy with the product and the service I recieved.

:thumbup:

This is genious. Now I know what to do with my rocklights!!!!

While you may not be supporting Olympus because they are a small business of cool guys looking to grow, a lot of us are. And there are growing pains and mistakes. As a customer, it sucks. But as someone wh owants to see "local guys" do well and grow, you have to take it as part of the process, give real no bs feedback and let them do their best to correct it. Itll pan out for everyone involved. Id rather deal with some issues from these guys than the asshattery that is 4wheelparts any day.
Sam is a rockstar for customer service and knowledge and really will boost These guys once he is CO. :thumbup:

I did buy from these guys because they are a forum sponsor and "local guys." I think we have kinda sorted things out on here, and I'm ready to give them another try when the time comes.

Like you, I'd much rather deal with a few issues from smaller shops than buy from the larger stores.

Back