• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil adaptor problems!!!!

tekeum

NAXJA Member #1203
I am trying to repair my oil adaptor. mine has the star socket center bolt. there is not enough room between it and the unibodie, so i saw somewere that if i were to jack it up by the oil pan and remove the motor mount bolts then i should be able to jack it up high enough to get to it. I did this and my motor wont go up it has droped insted I am lifting the whole jeep with the oil pan. I tryed removing the transmision mount bolts thinking that it was holding it up. can anyone help?

the drivetrain is tucking up into the vehicle and the trannie is against the hump. you might try reconnectung the motor mounts, jacking the trannie, remove the x-member and let the drivetrain down on a jackstand. just don't let it down very far or it will stress the linkage. then jack the motor up- just watch that oil pan real close though...

xuv-this said:
the drivetrain is tucking up into the vehicle and the trannie is against the hump. you might try reconnectung the motor mounts, jacking the trannie, remove the x-member and let the drivetrain down on a jackstand. just don't let it down very far or it will stress the linkage. then jack the motor up- just watch that oil pan real close though...

Thanks that did it. I droped it down about three inches, and the motor went up about three just enough to get the wrench in. Now i have to wait until tomarrow to put it back together. I have three O rings to go in and none came out where are they? Iam going to have to beat my oil pan out, it was beat up badly already. Thanks again.

Last edited:
No o-rings came out with the adapter? Check the block side of it - they may be glued up against it. If they truly aren't there...I think we know the source of your problems...:laugh3:

Be sure and lube those O-rings,they will tear if installed dry.
Wayne

Back