• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Rest For The Wicked! Desert Race This Week-end.

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Yesterday pulled the front wheels, inspected ball joints, bearings, lubed up all the fittings.

Today pulled the passenger side leaf springs apart, replaced the center bolt, and installed a steel degree shim in place of the aluminum one that was coming apart. Also replaced the U-bolts. I did the driver side a couple weeks ago when it came apart on the course. Got the Jeep all cleaned up and looking sharp for Friday. The desert will revert it back to a dusty pile of junk by Saturday night though.

Now going to pull everything out of the back of the Jeep. Get all of my spare parts, tools, recovery gear in order, clean my ice chests, etc... and get everything ready to tie-down and secure in the Jeep before Friday.

Tomorrow night, race staff meeting. Thursday, REO, STYX, and Nugent concert. Friday be at the race course, then contingency and tech inspection. Saturday is the race. Sunday is my birthday.

Really cannot afford the time off for the race, as I missed a couple days of work due to oral surgery this week... but no way in hell am I going to miss working at a great desert race.

Check out this teaser of the Cinco De Baja for a taste of the course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W93hEEMrNk8&feature=share

A couple pics before it is all covered in dudt inside and out:

readyforrace1.jpg

readyforrace2.jpg

Back