• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New PC AsRock vision 3D

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished putting two new pc's together for my two conference rooms.
Needed to fit inside the center leg of our two new conference tables, needed HDMI, THX sound and all wireless. I used two ASRock Vision 3D with windows 7 pro. Darn nice, it's got an I5 processor, Nvidia GF GT425M 3D video, 7.1 sound, blue ray, usb 3.0. Just hooked it up to the Mitsubishi ceiling mounted projector and it's 100 inch screen, watched an episode of Mercury men on syfy, very cool.
They come with no OS so you can put whatever you want in there, win7 pro installed in 18 minutes. Dimensions are 2 inches thick, 7 inches by 7 inches, uses an external laptop type power supply. Bit pricey at around a grand plus the OS but for sure a nice box so far. If I had the extra change I'd be putting one in my home entertainment system. The color on the big samsung plasma is also impressive as is the sound. I think I may go for a third one in the new customers smoking lounge to go with the new 65 Inch samsung 3d TV.

aw i was hoping you built some custom hidden pc inside a table leg lol. I love custom case builds, I put one in a wooden coffee table under a 18x24 glass plate so the internals were exposed, water cooled, wireless keyboard & mouse, the whole 9 yards. ran the cords down inside a leg of the table. only problem was you couldn't really put it anywhere else because we sunk a junction box in the floor to run the cords into and under the house, then up the wall to a 60" plasma screen, lol.

aw i was hoping you built some custom hidden pc inside a table leg lol. I love custom case builds, I put one in a wooden coffee table under a 18x24 glass plate so the internals were exposed, water cooled, wireless keyboard & mouse, the whole 9 yards. ran the cords down inside a leg of the table. only problem was you couldn't really put it anywhere else because we sunk a junction box in the floor to run the cords into and under the house, then up the wall to a 60" plasma screen, lol.

I build them in remote controlled race car bodies I get from a local hobby shop, I have also built them in humidors, only wire is a laptop PS, kbd, mouse, video all wireless. The wireless video gets pricey though. People pay big bucks for them though. Also considering the humidors go for $100 on up cause it still holds cigars.

Back