• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Off Road Park in West TN

GRIMUS99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just want to touch base with yall on a new park to soon open up in Dyersburg, TN.

Its not written in blood or concrete yet, but bulldoizers and track hoes have been delivered.

Here how it stands, 450-500 acres of nothing but pure woods, super large gulleys, wvery tall hills, washouts and reviens?. tons of trials to be ridden and to be made. May in the first year, you climb it you name it.

Its is going to be made for average 4x4 enthusist-trail rider(non basher), but also there will be shiat there to cause good body damage.HYBRID COUNTRY

Tons of hill climbs, major off camber trails, trees out the ying yang. as it stand right now no rocks? WTN does not have rocks just simply laying around but we can have dirt, sand and mud.

Very little pasture land, just enough for primitve camping and plenty of parking.So what I'm saying is once in the woods its all woods no open pasture spots such as Woolys ot Summertown.

Furture plans if park does well, bunk houses, electricity for campers, ampitheater for events
Concerts?? above gound rock gardens(rockport style) or what ever customer would like to have.

ATVS ALLOWED, ONLY WITH HELMENTS, standard parks rules will pretain to off road vehicles. Seatbelts, ect,ect.

Reason posting this is to get feedback from the surrounding states we would love to see participation from eastern and middle TN, Kentucky, Missouri and Arkansas or futher.

This park is stupid easy to get to located it is located right off of I55 in dyersburg so close to the hwy the park is sepearte by state fences. 8-12minutes from MIssouri state line and 8-12 minutes from D-burg. auto parts stores, resturats and lodging.

Owners will do there best to cater to trail riders, bashers and mudders. Whats nice about this palce West Tennessee has not had a place like this every one has to travel. so my Memphis folks can be here in about an 1.5 hours to 2 hours.

please everyone give me your feedback, I would like to here your thought on whether its great to here something like this, looking forward to it? or nah-aint worth my time rather take the time and haul to middle or east TN. we will need as many participant as possible to make this happen, Will do our best not to interfear with establish, seasonal events.

so let me know, I will answer what I can or get the anwer for you.

FOR THE RECORD THIS PARK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ROUGH COUNRTY SUSPENSION WHAT SO EVER, PRIVATLEY OWNED.

FOR THE RECORD THIS PARK IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ROUGH COUNRTY SUSPENSION WHAT SO EVER, PRIVATLEY OWNED.

Why would we think this? How far from Athens,AL 35613. I would come in my built rockcrawler. I also like to see more trail rides with hard stuff along the way. With bypasses for people who break to get off the trail. The major downfall of sumertown is all the ATV's. You guys need to limit the exhaust on the ATV's, maybe only utility fourwheeler allowed in the park. A rock garden would be nice. I would also like a invite to come try out some of the trails once you get some laid out. Twister type trails, and the tunnel are fun, flexy trails. Also if you have been to Grayrockorv the canyone is awesome.

caglezxj said:

Why would we think this? How far from Athens,AL 35613.

I'd guess since thats where Rough Country is located...

THE REASON I MENTIONED ROUGH COUNTRY IS NOT AFFILIATED FOR IS THAT I THOUGH THAT MY PROFILE HAD THAT I AM A SALES REP FOR THEM AS WELL AS THE ONE WHO SET UP R/C'S SPONSORSHIP WITH NAXJA.

NOW ABOUT THAT PARK WE DO HAVE A PLAN FOR ONE MAIN TRAIL WITH A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING, WE LIKE FOR IT TO BE A COUPLE HOURS LONG TRAIL WITH A BREAK HERE AND THERE. A ROCK GARDEN IS IN THE FUTURE AFTER WE SEE HOW WELL THE PARK IS GOING TO DO. WE HAVE FULL INTENTIONS ON TRAILS GOING FROM BUDGET BOOSTERS TO FULL HYBRIDS AND BUGGY WITH BREAK OUT TRAILS AS WELL AS ESCAPE ROUTES AROUND THE NASTY STUFF. FOR THE MOST PART WE ARE LOOKING AT A DOZEN OR SO MINI TRAILS LIKE THE TUNNEL AND TWISTER AT SUMMERTOWN.

FOUR WHEELERS WILL BE ALOUD UNDER STRICK RULES LIKE NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND A SPEED LIMIT THEY ARE MORE FOR PEOPLE TO SPECTATE THAN TO RIDE THE TO RIDE THE TRAILS HOWEVER WE WILL HAVE WEEKENDS WITH NO ATVS AS WELL AS WEEKENDS WITH NO VEHICLES ( BUT NOT OFTEN )

SORRY SO LONG JUST WANTED TO ANSWER SOME ??
CAPS IS A PART OF WORK I AM NOT YELLING

i went out there sunday with about 8 to 10 other jeeps and buggys and just within the first 200 acres or so there is alot of potential as well as what few trails we have made thus far. We are closing on the middle 200 acres tomorrow for a total of right at 550 acres. I would like to here from all of the wheelers that would be willing to come to give ideas as well as a help in the making of the trails and schedule a day to arrange everyone to come out who can and assist in planning and mapping of the park I am not looking for people to do the work just ideas of what yall would like to see in a park in west tn

thanks

Sorry for the short notice but if there is anyone that wants to come ride and make some trails we will be there sunday about 1:00 also we should be open every weekend there after with a grand opening soon just need to get a couple more trails cut and obstacles made and a property fence in a couple of areas but for the most part it is turning out to be a good place with alot of potential and room. If all goes well i see a rock garden coming aswell. If you are interested let me know and i will give directions, this will prob. be the last free weekend

I would be there if I could, I leave for Kentucky Monday morning and will not be back for a week. However let me know when there will be more work days,or open events.

caglezxj said:
I would be there if I could, I leave for Kentucky Monday morning and will not be back for a week. However let me know when there will be more work days,or open events.

WE SHOULD BE THERE EVERY WEEKEND BESIDES THE SUMMERTOWN WEEKEND

ONCE AGAIN SORRY FOR THE CAPS IT IS A PART OF WORK

IT IS OFFICIAL COON CREEK OFF ROAD PARK IS THE NAME AND ONCE AGAIN IT HAS TAKING IT'S TOLL ON A FEW VEHICLES FROM AXLES TO BODY DAMAGE PICS TO COME. SETTING THAT ASIDE WE HAD AROUND 12 TO 15 VEHICLES SHOW UP FROM STOCK TJ TO HYBRID BUGGYS AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF FUN AND CHALLENGES FOR ALL, WE SPENT AROUND 6.5 HOURS OUT THERE AND STILL I HAVE NOT SEEN THE WHOLE PARK. WE HAVE MAD ALOT OF TRAILS AND HAVE ROOM TO MAKE PLENTY OF MORE.
PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO AND I SHOULD HAVE SOME VIDEO AND PICS WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS

HERE ARE SOME PICS AND PLENTY MORE TO COME
neworvpark009.jpg

neworvpark001.jpg

neworvpark020.jpg

NOW THERE IS A DRAIN PIPE THERE TO MAKE IT MORE ACCESSABLE THIS H-1 IS SITTING ON 39.5 IROKS AND NOW HAS A BROKEN FRONT AXLE

neworvpark031.jpg

ea01361d.jpg

THESE ARE SOME OF THE ACCES AND FIRE ROADS

ea013434.jpg

ea0133b2.jpg

AND THE BEGGINING OF THE MUD PITT

ea013322.jpg

ea0135a8.jpg

AND ONE OF THE HILLS THAT TOOK A D35 AND SPIT IT OUT

ea013511.jpg

ea0136a1.jpg

NOW YOU CAN SEE THAT THIS IS FOR REAL SO WE HOPE SEE EVERYONE THERE AT LEAST ONCE

Back