• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Member from Dwight, Il

Joshpowell16

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I'm kinda new to Jeeps, this is my second jeep, but my first XJ. I made a trip to The Cliffs yesterday for the first time ever. I had a blast and I had the pleasure of meeting the Treasurer of The Midwest region. (Apologize for not remembering your name) they saved my buddies Wrangler from a pit. I found out that my transfer case chain jumps yesterday so I spent all day in 2wd.

Anyways, here's my XJ.(pics as soon as I figure out how to post then from mobile.)

1994 Sport
4.0 High Output
Auto
Np231
3" RCX lift (older lift)
31x10.50r15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
MB wheels Chaos 5 15x8.

Just finished repairing my gas tank after it started leaking from my adventure yesterday. Jumbled some rust loose. I'll post pics of that too later.

Welcome!

Arcot Ramathorn is the guy you are speaking of. he goes by RamRod ;)

Thanks. Nice guy had a bunch of xjs...made mine look like a POS lol.
1f0285482391966c6308f5b4b1f6c1f8.jpg

That would be awesome. Id like to have a few people to go with. Unfortunately until I get a new transfer case I won't be taking my XJ. And when I do I'll have to be gentle. Came home with a nice knock from a piston. Comes and goes.

Hmm maybe you can rebuild the transfer case. Or go to the JY and get an NP231 to swap in should be cheapish. I think i saw one or 2 for sale here

Id probably be in for next sunday. How where the trails? last time I was there there where lot of deep ruts from the big tire guys. That was about two months ago.

Im on 31s with 3 in of lift and only about half of trail #1 was passable last time. Trail #10 was my favorite. did it twice in both directions and only had to use the winch in one spot.

Ive run all trails in a stock YJ and my 2WD 4 wheeler. Ive learned that longer mud holes need lots of throttle and no brakes lol. Ive run a stockish XJ on MTs and 2" lift and made it out fine, and taken the full blown CJ7 we have and gotten about 1/4 mile up the trail before things go horribly stuck/muddy. Its hit or miss lots of fun

Back