• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NENC, SEVA Where to get gears set up?

OBXJeepGuy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a place who can set up gears on an XJ D44 without beating me to death on price. I'll be supplying the gears, and master install kit.

Looking in Northeast NC, or Southeast Virginia (VB, Chesapeake, etc) Hell, even on the Peninsula.

How far is East Coast Gear?

Eastern truck offroad says they do it on their website. No idea about the price as I have only had an alignment done there. They seem like a trust worthy shop.

There is also pungo offroad but I have never been there.

Everywhere around here wants 450 minimum to even open the diff. Like most places, if you know someone there, it will be cheaper. I'll check pungo next time I'm visiting my parents and see if it's anyone I grew up with in there.

Yeah. I got quoted $500 for the rear, and $700 for the front at a shop by my house. And that's just labor. I had a hard time choking back the words that came out next, and won't be repeated here.

You can spend $100 on tools and do it yourself. It's not hard, it's time consuming. Everyone has never done it before the first time they've done it.

Good point. I may just do that. The pinion depth gauge is the other one I couldn't think of.

If you have an idea of how the tools are used, there's millions of articles on the web on how to do it. Having a friend who does it professionally is nice, but that's not me and probably not most of us.

If you have an idea of how the tools are used, there's millions of articles on the web on how to do it. Having a friend who does it professionally is nice, but that's not me and probably not most of us.

I've been around it enough, and have seen it done. And I also have seen some great YouTube videos of R&P setups. I think I'm going to go for it.

Yep. Got that covered.

As for the tools, I'm about to pull the trigger on the setup stuff I posted the link of, and an inch pound beam style torque wrench. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Back