• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some 4 link info.

4.3LXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I am upgrading my front suspension to a heavy duty 3 link and custom track bar with bushings and spherical joint from Parts Mike. And before anyone asks, yes I can fabricate and some think I am at least semi smart. I am also in the process of stiffening the unibody frame. So with that being said, I have to admit that in all the years I have messed with leaf and coil suspensions I have never set up a 4 link rear. So I am looking for a little wisdom here for when I upgrade to full width axles front and rear. I have read on this forum a link to a race car outfit about anti squat. I do know it can be a factor. I have an acquaintance who made a 4 link for his street rod that humped up in the rear under acceleration. So it can be a factor. However, I don't really know how much of a factor. So I am looking for a little wisdom here on that subject.

Here is the new track bar. Quality stuff is going in.

2011-07-05_20-10-16_343.jpg

Thanks for the link. But I still don't know about this antisquat business. I wold like to know how important it is to pay attention to it and how much I should go for. Thanks.

75%.

Rocks? Mud? Street? Cutting the body or staying below the frame? Triangulated four link or with a panhard?

I will be doing it all. I live in an area, NorCal where there are lots of rocks, but travel to the PNW and get in the mud and sand too. So I am looking for all around performance.

Back