• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need iTunes help becasue I am an iTard

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, here is what I have going...I have an old desk top computer that I have my original iTunes set up in w/ @ 4-5000 songs and now I am wanting to get those songs onto my new laptop. I have read and watched so freaking many tutorials on how to get this to transfer but have not had dick for luck. I have been able to load my purchased songs on my iPod and get those to transfer to the new laptop computer, but that is just a small fraction of the songs. Since I have them all saved on a secondary hard drive on the desktop unit, I am going to pull that drive and place in my new desktop at a later date and use as a slave drive for pics and music, but that does not help me know. Is it possible that I get a USB cable and link my laptop to my desk top and be able to access the F drive of the desktop and transfer those songs that way? I am really wanting these songs on my laptop since I have it with me all the time as well as my iPod. Any help is greatly appreciated. And before any haters jump on my sack about the music that was not purchased from iTunes, it is all from CD's that I currently own (I have over 1000 CD's from years of collecting)...I am not a music thief!

Thanks.

Cheese "just a dumb ol' farmer that likes to jam!" Man

i dont know if a usb cable will work....
im pretty sure you can go to wallmart and buy a cable for 20 bucks that will link a computer to another.
i think its the cable that has the 2 screws on it.
hope this helps! i dont know the name of the cable....
ether that or buy an external hard drive. 50 or 60 bucks at wallmart.
if you do this then you can use a usb cord and have all of your music and pictres on the external hard drive and be able to access them from any computer.
the external drives are about a half inch thick, 3 in wide and 4 in tall. very compact!
you can also install your i tunes to the hard drive so you can access it from any computer!
:peace:

I may just do that then...having multiple computers at various locations is kind of a PIA, so this may be the best fit for me.

You can transfer through an ethernet cable too.......

My dad has his iTunes music hooked up to an external hard drive. So even if the computer crashes at any point he has all of his songs in one place. He has a record player that digitizes music so he's go like 32 days of songs on his iTunes, he just has the hard drive hooked up to his laptop and if he ever switches laptops all his songs are always in one place. It's good insurance in case anything were to happen.

Yeah i am gonna invest in an external HDD, Thankfully i found my itunes backup discs so now I am putting all my music on the laptop!

These computers both hooked up to the interweb?

Check out dropbox.

mac 'access anywhere you can get the interweb' gyvr

Ditch the communist itunes and use a "more compatible with every other player in the world" program, I store everything on a NAS and use XBMC to distribute it around.
But if you have an Ipod, you are stuck with the crap that they make you use, and those crappy MP3s.

If you ripped your songs from disc, they have no copy protection in them. Just copy and paste from ones Itunes library into the other, go into Itunes and tell it to search for music. It will find all of it.
Or you can put it all on an external hard drive and tell itunes to look in tat location for the library.

Or you can hack your ipod and not use Itunes, because it sucks in Windows. Decent on mac, but totally sucks in windows.

Me too and i am even in the age bracket were i am supposed to know all this stuff :D

I pay for Sirius so I don't have to deal with it. oh, and my phone has 4GB's of MP3's on it that I never listen to, but they're handy in a pinch.

Are both of the pc's\laptops hooked up to the internet at your house? If so, you can just share the drive through the network. Then copy them that way. If you need some help setting that up, give me a shout.

Back