• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA SoCal Chapter Sponsors Stewards of the Sequoia Annual Event

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The NAXJA SoCal Chapter will be a sponsor of the Stewards of the Sequoia 2016 Trail Preservation Fundraiser event at Democrat Hot Springs Resort on June 25, 2016. The Stewards of the Sequoia are a group of recreationists which include 4x4, motorcycle, mountain bikers, hikers, and more that do a lot of positive work in the Sequoia National Forest at the Northern end of our chapter.

One of the big challenges that the they are currently fighting is an attempted Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail (PCT) land grab by the Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA). The PCTA is attempting to create a one mile wide corridor around the PCT, this would not only have a huge negative impact on the Sequoia National Forest but if they succeed it would embolden the group to expand the scope to other forests; as you may be aware the PCT crosses both of our adopted trails in the San Bernardino National Forest, 2N04 and 2N49, as well as many other popular trails.

More information on the Trail Preservation Fundraiser Event can be found here. The Stewards general website can be found here. I will be attending the event in NAXJA's name.

Sequoia

Stewards of the Sequoias is a great org that has been successful in in the fight to keep public lands open to the public. My local club does fundraisers for them every year because they get results. I will see you June 25th!

Back