• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My home computer can not find naxja

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Actually not just my computer, anything logged into my router. Firefox, chrome, IE all say the server can't be found. It also won't work on my phone with wifi turned on. If I go to cell service it works great.

Any ideas?

Yup. Your ISP's DNS service is hosed. Call them and squawk, or reconfigure your router to use OpenDNS servers, Google's servers, or the like.

Yup. Your ISP's DNS service is hosed. Call them and squawk, or reconfigure your router to use OpenDNS servers, Google's servers, or the like.

Huh? Speak English haha

Mine won't work from any home computer either, I even went and trod the neighbors and the same thing. The only way I seem to be able to get on is tapatalk

Derek are you using qwest? Or centurylink or whatever the hell they call it now?

Payday(tomorrow) in switching to cable. Maybe they know that and they're pissed at me.

Yea I am, and so are a couple others I know of that can't get on.
I'm calling them today as soon as I can.

Open up a command window on your home computer, and run the following commands:

nslookup www.naxja.org
tracert www.naxja.org

Copy and paste the entire output.

Log into your router's control panel and set your DNS servers to 4.2.2.4 and 8.8.8.8 and forget about your ISP's DNS servers and their instability forever.

Seriously, I had more problems with my ISP's DNS servers either failing to operate at all, or insisting on sending me to ad pages instead of whatever I typed, that I just don't use them anymore.

it just needed a day and a half of rest, i came home logged on and it worked!

Back