• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to Sac, looking for a place to rent

Goose_XJ88

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Ok guys ill be moving up to Sacramento for my new job. Company is nice enough to house me for two weeks while I find a permanate location.

So starting tomorrow I'm going to be looking for a place to rent. Top priority is a garage so I can wrench on the jeep. I'm assuming that houses are going to be out of my price range unless I get roommates which I'd like to avoid. With that said, I'm probably leaning towards a duplex in the $800-$1000/month range. Because I'm in construction, I'd like to have a month-to-month lease or a maximum of a 6 month lease (over a yearly lease) just incase they move me. (Don't want to be paying rent at two places).

The office is located in North Highlands and I'd like a short commute without being stuck in traffic forever. If anyone has any ideas of good areas to look at or bad areas to stay away from, please let me know. I have never been to Sac and any help is appreciated.

The only thing that I've been told is that Noth Highlands is a bit sketchy, avoid hwy 50 and 80 on my commute if possible, and that Carmichael and Citrus Heights are good areas to start looking. Thank for the help and insight.

so my neighbors are moving out in like a month. Its downtown. it has a one car garage-other 2 garages are mine :) . its around 900$ what they pay. its a duplex. Im the duplex neighbor, but don't bother if you don't like to hear wrenching LOL.

Yeh, Kevin is renting unles he found someone already. Going to try and meet up with kevin today and drop off the header panel for him. Blondejon, I'll be hitting you up sometime today and check out location and such.

Back