• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mayweather Vs. Ortiz (spoilers)

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Any boxing fans here?

First off, I am not a mayweather fan at all, I just don't like the way he fights or acts out of the ring. I will not deny he is great though, clearly he dominates in the ring and deserves his perfect record and belts.

The ortiz fight though was disappointing. I think ortiz had a serious chance of winning that fight or knocking out mayweather. What made ortiz decide to do a leaping head butt while mayweather was pinned in a corner is beyond me. It was dirty and unneeded. The ortiz reaction of hugging and even kissing mayweahter on the cheek tells me ortiz had a serious mental break down. After the fight the way ortiz kept smiling like a fool also says to me something has happened mentally.

When the ref brought them back to the center of the ring, he never said Box. The ref was facing away calling time in when mayweather took his shots. I am not going to call what mayweather did dirty in anyway even if I don't like him it was legal. Maybe it was better the fight ended when it did before it became a seriously dirty fight.

IMO, the fight was paid off (which one isn't, right?). Reason being is the mayweather vs pacman fight is gonna be a blockbusting fight that will gross boxing soo much money... Most would rather see a boxer 40(?)-0 fight a badass philipino fighter than a boxer that has a descent boxing record. Ortiz made his money in this fight and I don't think he cares so much about it, he seemed to take it well at the end.

Back