• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

March 26th Southern NAC M&G Shady Maple Smorgasbord

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Time for a Southern NAC M&G!

Saturday March 26, 2011
1:30pm
Shady Maple Smorgasbord
129 Toddy Drive
East Earl, PA 17519

http://www.shady-maple.com/home

Lunch Prices
Adult $18.25
Senior $16.43
Child $9.12

Lunch
Includes: 46 Salad bar Items, 3 soups, 8 homemade breads & rolls, 4 cheeses, 8 meats, 14 vegetables, 10 cold desserts, 3 hot desserts, 8 pies, 6 cakes, sundae bar & many beverages.
Saturday Lunch includes Dinner Features on the grill.

Plenty of time in advance for everyone local to make it!

I'd like to have a general head count, the sooner the better. From what they said we can only do reservations if its all on one check, if not they will do the best they can to seat us together. Never been so i am not sure if this place fills quickly or not. When you replay please say definite or maybe and if you are bringing other people. Hopefully we have a large turnout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 3-26-11 Southern NAC M&G Shady Maple Smorgasbord

wow I live in the Crappiest location ever its 3.5hrs to this and about the same to the Northern M&G.

im a maybe for now. this is probably going to depend on if I buy a car between now and then. if I get the car then im in.

10 cold desserts, 3 hot desserts, 8 pies, 6 cakes, sundae bar & many beverages.

wow how am I gonna eat 8 pies and 6 cakes.....

The place is so big inside, they have directions hanging from the ceiling so you can find your way back to the room that you are gorging yourself in:cheers:. If the 26th is anybody's birthday, you eat for free that day, 4 days too earlier for me:(.

I'm down. Just a heads up though for you northern PA, north Jersey, and New York guys. Your best way is to use Interstate 78 to get to Exit 29A (Route 61 South) towards Reading. Follow to 222 South. Follow to 422 East (towards Pottstown). Follow to 176 South. To exit 2 (23 West). BTW, there's a Cabela's on Route 61 immediately off of I-78, about 1/4 mile north of the interstate. Friggin' Kimber Custom II .45 ACP speaks to me in my dreams!

Last edited:
And for next MG, i think Hoss's Steak and Sea is a good idea. www.hosss.com . Bunch of locations and the ones I've been to (York, Leesport) had large parking lots, clean dining areas, extensive soup, salad, and ice cream bars ( mmmm....sno caps and malt powder) My wife and I have eaten at the York location 6 years in a row now when we we spend the weekend for PA Jeeps

From what they said we can only do reservations if its all on one check, if not they will do the best they can to seat us together.

My club just had a good size group there - no reservations... and honestly they were having a hard time getting enough seating to have us together.

So yeah, depending on the head count it may get interesting. if its only 20 or so you wont need the res. They'll maybe stick you in the "overflow room"... the trick to staying together is having everyone there and seated at the same time... the stragglers will be on their own if the seating gets tight.

It was smart to make the time 1:30. By the time everyone parks, takes pictures of the Jeeps, and gets inside it will be around 2. Shouldn't have a problem getting seating at that time.

its 50/50 for me. i should be able to make a 1:30pm meet and greet even if i'm coming back from the field if i'm on my off day!

i will be there.

rich you need to stop by my place while you are up here and see the buggy.

Back