• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M & G Someplace in Greater LA

David_Bricker

PSR Fire Marshall
NAXJA Member
I will be arriving in Smogville last Thursday night, the 9th of March. Leaving late evening on Sunday, the 12th of March.

Anyone have any interest in doing a Meet & Greet? I'll be staying in Pasadena, and should be able to borrow a set of wheels. I'm open to locations - since I don't drive the freeways constantly, I can tolerate them for a short time.

David Bricker / SYR

If no one plans anything else, my Mother-In-Law will be visiting and my wife would hate it if Jeep buddies showed up on Sunday and we picked up some beer and ordered some pizza and pretended like we were working on our Jeeps so she would tell us to take our Meet & Greet somewhere else and we could go to the local Lamppost Pizza, or In-N-Out, etc.

I'm down for a M n' G, preferably somewhere well north of Yorba Linda.

How about the Bob's Big Boy in Burbank? Lots of car clubs meet there, though mostly 1950s era Chevy's and the like, in keeping with Bob's Happy Daysesque theme. But they have a fair size parking lot and I gotta think they could tolerate a bunch of XJs. Other suggestions?

Bob dresses funny.

Burbank might be a bit far for me. Isn't there something in between, closer to Pasadena?

Like maybe Pasadena? I'm up for Pasadena.

Someone who knows Pasadena and its environs should suggest a place. Preferably one with a parking lot. And food and beer.

In any event, I think Clearman's is a great suggestion. Someone (Bricker) needs to decide on a day and time.

Clearmans is a fine idea. I was actually thinking of the Boat initially, but didn't want to rule out other suggestions. They have a parking lot. Check. They have an outdoor area for seating. Check. They have food. Check. They have beer. Mostly check. They have cheese toast. Check, even though mine is better.

I could do Friday, Saturday or Sunday, though Sunday would be a bit tight, in that I'd have to leave by 6 to catch a long skinny aluminum tube.

David Bricker / SYR

Sunday was the only day the Schedule Master did not have me already doing something, so I might miss this one. I nominate Cal as my proxy.

Sunday was the only day the Schedule Master did not have me already doing something, so I might miss this one. I nominate Cal as my proxy.

I'll let you know what your beer bill works out to.

Your uber bill I'll be nice and split with you.

Tyler Mall is pretty central

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central, perhaps only if you include my home address in the mapping.

David Bricker / SYR

So, to put a stake in the ground, how about doing it Saturday.

Place:
Clearmans Galley
http://clearmansgalley.com/

7215 N. Rosemead Blvd.
San Gabriel, CA
(626) 286-3075

Time:
Saturday, March 11th, 2:00pm until ??

If someone has extreme objections to either place or time, post them up and we can work it out.

David Bricker / SYR

So, to put a stake in the ground, how about doing it Saturday.

Place:
Clearmans Galley
http://clearmansgalley.com/

7215 N. Rosemead Blvd.
San Gabriel, CA
(626) 286-3075

Time:
Saturday, March 11th, 2:00pm until ??

If someone has extreme objections to either place or time, post them up and we can work it out.

David Bricker / SYR

That is too early.....you have stuff to address on Gomer.

Back