• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Luck of a weatherman

pSYChedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I summited Mount Rainier on Friday/Saturday. The weather has been perfect for the past few weeks and we hoped it would continue for our climb. Besides, the big man upstairs wouldn't dare make lousy weather for a weather-man climbing the mountain, right?

Not so much :scared:

summit_6.JPG

That's me on the right trying to keep warm in the blizzard conditions at 14,410 feet.

Flippin' crazy. We couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of our faces the whole way from Camp Muir to the summit and back. Guess that means I'll have to do it again next summer so I can actually get some cool photos!

- Jay

My Scout troop was going to climb Muir this summer, if I remember right they couldn't because conditions sucked for a noob climb all summer.

(I missed out on all the Scout stuff, because I now just work on the Jeep 24/7)

~Scott

All pictures aside, atleast you can check the box for a life experience that not many others have done!

Back