• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking to get back into the wonderful world of XJ's...putting my car up for trade.

Hubbazoot

NAXJA Forum User
Well hello NAXJA, long time, no see. I've finally decided I'm all sportscar'ed out, and want to trade my car for a Jeep. I'm looking to do a partial trade + cash for an XJ, and I've linked my craigslist ad.

The car is a 1992 Eagle Talon TSi, which is the same thing as the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Plymouth Laser, but with different trim.

Either pm me or text me at 720-227-6297. Mention the NAXJA ad, and I'd be willing to cut you a deal.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2333538273.html

Bump, I still have this car. The ad keeps getting flagged, so I'll copy it here.
1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Car runs strong, needs nothing to run. Heater blows hot, A/C blows cold. The car has been regularly maintained since I got it about two years ago. 20mpg city, 30mpg highway. Car has been reguarly maintained.

Jon
720-227-6297

Car Features:
171XXX Miles
All Wheel Drive
5-speed manual transmission
A/C
Turbo
Power windows
Aftermarket receiver/speakers (not a subwoofer thing)
Heated rear window
Fold-down rear seats
Trunk privacy cover
Z-rated tires
Dark grey cloth interior, clean
Tinted windows
Black body
Non-smoker's car
Cruise control
Power steering
Factory exhaust
Clean vehicle history report
CLEAN TITLE

Quirks:
Driver's window doesn't roll up straight since it was broken into. Needs a guide in the door straightened that I just haven't gotten around to doing.
Driver's door panel is loose on the bottom, needs some new pins from the dealer to keep it in.
Factory paint job, a couple rust spots and the plastic is warped from the heat.

Aftermarket/Performance:
Full stereo system.
- New receiver
- New speakers (component speakers)
- HD receiver
- iPod/USB dock
2-way car alarm
- Remote unlock/lock
- Other security extras
Manual boost controller
Boost gauge
Datalogger (Computer reader)
S16g turbo (larger than stock, pulls stronger)
Ported head
Full 3" Front-mount intercooler piping, 3" throttle body

Recent Maintenance:
Transmission rebuilt (new bearings and synchros)
New clutch (~800 miles, broken in)
Throwout bearing
Pressure plate
Pedal assembly
Water pump
Plugs
Wires
Distributor
Head gasket
Battery Oil ports in head ported
Belts (A/C, power steering, timing, balance shaft, serpentine, etc.)
Alternator
Tie rods, inner and outer.
Bulbs
Speedometer cable (THE CABLE NEVER BROKE, but was squeaking)
Dipstick
Tires
Alignment
CV Boots

Pictures are available here: http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/korinthan/Talon Sale/

Asking price: $3000
Clarifier: I'm considering partial trades + your cash for this car. It doesn't have to be a Jeep, but it does need to be a 5 speed 4x4.

Last edited:
So did you rebuild the transmission in that car? Did you install 5th gear correctly?

I see lots of dents, rust, bondo, and what looks like crappy arse mitsu bumpers on a talon.

How about you sell that car and give people the money you owe them for doing a half arse job "rebuilding" their transmission.

Back