• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for plastic turn signal disc in steering column '89 XJ

roktoy

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for the little plastic/nylon disc in the steering column. It's the one with the little pins that turns off the turn signal after you make a turn. This is for an '89 XJ.

Please let me know what you have.

Jay
[email protected]

Jay,

The dealer stocks this part as a kit (theft repair kit ) I know earnhearts on Country club south of baseline had them not to long ago..

Dave

I'm looking for the little plastic/nylon disc in the steering column. It's the one with the little pins that turns off the turn signal after you make a turn. This is for an '89 XJ.

Please let me know what you have.

Jay
[email protected]

That would be the "cancel cam" - it should be available at your local parts house. AMC designed the XJ with a GM column - so it's a standard GM part of the vintage. Should only cost a few bucks.

It's Nylon, so it's considered a "wear part" and requires infrequent replacement - that's why it's in the aftermarket. (That, and the GM column is used in customs, kitbuilds, and conversions all the time!)

Back