• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a Professional Grade handheld multimeter?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have a used but in great condition Fluke 189 multimeter. It has the IR interface so if your laptop had one or you pick up a cheap aftermarket interface, you can do data acquisition with this.

Extremely fast readings
50,000 counts display
0.025% basic DC accuracy
True RMS AC + DC measurements
100 kHz AC bandwidth for voltage and current
Ergonomic high-impact overmolded case
Dual display with bargraph and two-level backlight
Min/max/average with real time clock and 250 µs Fast Min-Max
Frequency, capacitance, duty cycle & pulse width measurements
Resistance, conductance, continuity and diode measurements
Temperature and dBV/dBm with selectable reference
PC interface for data exchange and closed case calibration
Battery and fuse access without breaking calibration seal
EN 61010-1 (IEC 1010-1) CAT III 1000V /CAT IV 600V
Lifetime warranty
Internal memory allows stand-alone logging of up to 1000 measurements (189 only)
Readings memory for up to 100 readings (189 only)

It also has a bar graph representation for resistance so it makes it easy to check sensors like a TPS throughout its range and look for drop outs.

http://us.fluke.com/fluke/USEN/Digital-Multimeters/Fluke-187-189.htm?PID=56041

Manuals are available online. I will include a brand new set of top of the line test probes with interchangable tips and a set of long reach grabbers.

I'm asking $200 via Paypal and I will pay the shipping via Priority Mail in USA.

I will post some pix up later. This is a PROFESSIONAL grade meter and has better specs than many rack mount meters.

Used this same model when I was doing auto electrical for a living, WELL worth the price you're asking.

Good luck with the sale, if I wasn't saving up to resurrect my XJ right now I'd buy it. Fluke MMs are definately some of the best units money can buy.

Back