• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker pole.

should it go in the front or rear?

• front

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • rear

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

seth0941

NAXJA Forum User
OK, here in the good Ole NW. wheeling is a little different. i am going to get a locker this week but i don't know witch to do first. the front or rear. i am a cheap bastard so i am looking at the cheap "lunch box" type locker so... any help would be cool!

im in the same boat. An aussie runs about $300 shipped. I personally want it for the front. Then fully lock the rear later.

depends on tire size and axles...as far as which locker helps the most, I would DEFINITELY say front. I have had front locked, open rear as well as open front, locked rear...and front locked was MUCH better.

how about this? Powertrax Lock-Right Lockers

Ive had PWR TRX front n rear for over 8yrs, just replaced springs in both, and the teeth are all sharp, look,d brand new. Hooks up good too!

Firefox browser has a built in spell check:laugh3:

Cause anything :windows: sucks for the most part!

The only down side I see to locking the front with a lunch box is its effects on turning radius while in 4wd. It's not too bad, but if your on the throttle it will have an impact. I do agree that if if you can only have one locker then the front is the way to go. Specially if your running on the street a good amount.

Tim

Front. When not in 4wheel you dont know its there. Well an Aussie you dont

Front. When not in 4wheel you dont know its there. Well an Aussie you dont

after about 200 miles. Mine jumped me a few lanes over my first trip on it.

i am driving it to work now, but that said it is not my DD. i don't have any sway bars in it. i am running a 8.25 27 in the rear. if any one has a used one (locker) for sale let me know. i can get a new powertrax locker from work for about $225 free shipping.

When do you NEED the locker?
WHEN you need a locker will determine if you need it in the front or the rear!

Lockers are a HUGE compromise both on and off road so I recemmend you understand this VERY well before you make the investment.

Michael

When do you NEED the locker?
WHEN you need a locker will determine if you need it in the front or the rear!

Lockers are a HUGE compromise both on and off road so I recemmend you understand this VERY well before you make the investment.

Michael

Jesus, you act like the Jeep is going to fold in half. :laugh2:

Jesus, you act like the Jeep is going to fold in half. :laugh2:

528619227_8eda03ca7f.jpg

or
foldingTaco.gif

Back