• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift, Tires, and Wheels on DaBay

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I have 4 springs and shocks off my TJ up on ebay. They are near new, after installing them I decided I wanted to lower the Jeep. I just wasn't loving 4-inches of lift and short arms. The springs are Currie progressives, and the shocks are Rancho RS9000XLs. I started the auction at $300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320488550399&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Also I've got a set of (5) 35x12.50R15 Dick Cepek Crusher tires mounted on 15-inch Allied Soft 8 wheels. I tried listing them on eBay before Christmas, but maybe it was the wrong time. 5 tires, 5 wheels, starting at $500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320488556739&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

No bids on either auction, ends Sunday.

VERY interested in tires and rims. Put me 2nd in line behind Julio. What is the backspacing on the rims? Do they come with the center caps? Where the heck is green valley? I sent you a PM with my info. Call me when your free.

Last edited:
3rd in line please for wheels & tires.

Sweet. He's local. I hopefully will be able to come and look at them.

If i had the cash, i would be all over these tires and rims

I have the cash! I just need him to give me the green light and I will be at his house within 30 minutes to pick them up. That's assuming they have somewhere around a 4" backspacing.

Its called an auction people....start bidding.

I did. I was just hopeful I could come and look at them in person, but no response yet.

Last edited:
It seems he is only using e-bay for this sale. I already bid on it. I just got a response from him through his e-bay account. I would like to see these tires and rims in person before the auction closes, so I know what I am buying. Hopefully we can set something up this weekend. For now, I just need to keep my fingers crossed. I will probably get puncked by some yahoo at the last second. I HATE when that happens. I guess time will tell on how this plays out. I will know on Sunday night when the auction ends.

Last edited:
It seems he is only using e-bay for this sale. I already bid on it. I just got a response from him through his e-bay account. I would like to see these tires and rims in person before the auction closes, so I know what I am buying. Hopefully we can set something up this weekend. For now, I just need to keep my fingers crossed. I will probably get puncked by some yahoo at the last second. I HATE when that happens. I guess time will tell on how this plays out. I will know on Sunday night when the auction ends.

so he posted here so we would bid on them on ebay? booo! plus, hes got no pics. Something smells funny.

so he posted here so we would bid on them on ebay? booo! plus, hes got no pics. Something smells funny.

Boooo!!! is kinda how I felt too. I didn't really like the idea of bidding against fellow NAXJA guys and just jacking the price up on each other. That seemed like it would cause some serious tension between members. The seller may prosper, but that's some serious bad Karma. On the other hand, he did post this tire combo sale on here a while back for $1000 with no takers. My guess is that he was just trying to clue us in on his last attempt at selling them. He does have pics on his e-bay page. There is like 3 or 4 of them.

I don't think there is anything fishy here though. He already contacted me through ebay and it all seems on the up and up. Hopefully things will work out. It would make things a LOT more comforting if he would simply respond to this thread he created.

an auction is an auction. If you knowingly bid, you should expect to get a higher bid. If you dont want to bid...don't. If you had the option to sell your items for as much as you can, you would do it too. ppl always include OBO (Or best offer) and ppl get butthurt when someone else bids higher. Its business people. Not everything has to be charity.

Pete is a stand-up guy and been in the wheeling community perhaps longer than all of us.

Boooo??

Looks like he tried to sell them a while back, had no takers so he listed them on ebay. He merely posted it here so that if someone who couldn't meet the $1k price tag would have a chance to get them for less.

I reeaallly don't see the problem in doing that. Are we supposed to just lose money on things so we can give them to a guy we know???

I'm not sure if Me or Julio is being misunderstood. I'm fine with him using ebay. I buy and sale stuff on ebay all the time. Don't forget I was the first person the jump on his auction and place a bid. If I had a HUGE problem with him using ebay then I wouldn't have placed a bid. The only thing that troubles me is doing an auction against fellow NAXJA guys. So I can understand where Julio was coming from. If Pete can get the price up above $500 then all the power to him. That is fantastic. I will be glad to see a fellow member do well with his sale. If other guys are fine bidding against me and me bidding against them, then great. The issue is that people seem to get very sensitive on NAXJA about random things. I'm never sure what thing is going to offend someone or set them off. I try my best to be repsectful at all times. To be honest I was a little bothered by his lack of response, but he did contact me today to explain he has been dealing with doctors and a broken leg. Hopefully Pete is okay. I also need to work on being more patient. I get excited about a purchase and then get WAY to obsessed with it. I'm certain someone will get a great deal (hopefully a NAXJA member), even if it isn't me. Good luck to all involved.

Last edited:
I posted them here at least once. I got lots of low-ball pms... under 500 bucks. I love these tires, if I wasn't DD'ing them, still had the lift to fit them, or if I had the cash to dismount them, I'd keep the rims.

I put them on ebay now Three times. each at 500 bucks. I listed the first time, then relisted, and ate the fee the second time.

bhicks, I'm not going anywhere man, I got a broken leg. I need money, as I said before for bills, even worse with the broke stick. You wanna look at them, c'mon by. I'm in 91390.

Like John said, I did try to sell them for what I thought they were worth, I got no takers. I listed them on ebay. Our economy is such that the market will determine what they are worth. It will be less than I think they are worth, but whatever. Nothing fishy here. I got tires and rims, I don't wanna sell them, but have to. And, I think they are worth more than apparently everyone else does, hence the ebay thing. Not to mention the losses I've already taken on ebay with them. Basically I figured, if they don't sell for even 500 bones, I'd let them sit in my second bedroom ad infinitum until I could use them again, hence my price listing on dabay.

Anyone who thinks anything is fishy... ask anyone here. I've met most of the SoCal old-timers, and everyone who has met me or dealt with me knows I'm a stand-up guy. I need the cash, and I need some sort of guarantee of getting it, hence ebay.

Back