• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets plan this baby!

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
National BOD and SEC Bod should soon have access.

mac 'if you plan it they will come' gyvr

Cnickgo is in the house.

Phone number: 919-817-3445. Y'all please call me for anything urgent that NAXJA isn't quick enough.

I'm in and will lead some easier rides as usual.

Dirk, where is the info on the trail you found that was in a state park or something? I need for intel as that would make a great ride for the easy/scenery group.

Need to get something for important info set-up before questions start flying and different answers are given.

Black Mountain Off Road Adventure Area:

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/blackmountain.php

31 Day Trail Permits are $20 available at the campground.

Harlan Co. Campground in Putney, KY:

http://www.harlancountycampground.com/

Primitive tent sites, electric tent, and rv electric and water sites available. Bathrooms and showers on site.

Cabins need to be reserved ASAP! The cabins are nice, comfortable and affordable when split up. The A/C and roof are especially nice for extreme weather.

What else? The biggest monkey is the dates. I am blocking off that whole week for myself. Is Wed-Sunday long enough? Tuesday? I'm going to be there when the first people show up. Well not the Empire guys, y'all already know what your doing!

All of the cabins are more like a hotel room with TV, fridge, personal bathroom and shower, hot plate, etc. Nothing like Slickrock. What we do it split it between 2 families. Mark and my family normally split one.

I'm here guys!

Call me as well if its something urgent. 336-847-5544.

I do travel quite a bit for work but try to check in on a daily.basis from my phone. Like right now!

hi, I'm here.

the cabins are more like houses than motel rooms. :D They are costly, but nice. I will be in a tent, unless I am towing with a truck/camper by then.

Fore 'I make $XX,000 a year and I'm sleeping in a tent' Wheeler

Dates...
I'd like to see it as the 1st through the 5th
Arrive Tuesday
Pick up runs wendsday
Thurs, fri, and sat "organized" official runs
Potluck fri, and dinner/raffle on sat.
Head home sun

Just my suggestion but I'd say leave it up to the sec bod of course.

This should be decided on soon to give time to make reservations and what not.

That is what Mark and I are basing our schedule on.

Dates...
I'd like to see it as the 1st through the 5th
Arrive Tuesday
Pick up runs wendsday
Thurs, fri, and sat "organized" official runs
Potluck fri, and dinner/raffle on sat.
Head home sun

Just my suggestion but I'd say leave it up to the sec bod of course.

This should be decided on soon to give time to make reservations and what not.

This is what I was thinking and the response I have been seeing. I will probably go on Monday.

Hey folks... Stump here. SEC VP, and last years crawl raffle whipping boy. My contact info is:

404-661-7025 (cell)
[email protected]

I will plan to be in Harlan early on Tuesday morning, and stay till Sunday.

For the record, the cabins are nice. If I can figure out a way to haul my camper and tow my Jeep, Ill be doing that. Otherwise, Ill be in a cabin myself.

Works for me. Monday would be a travel day for me as well so I can be ready to go as people roll in Tuesday.

Lets make it official on the forum header, Tuesday-Sunday. I'm going to get an important info thread up before I hit the rack tonight.

What are national's requirements for tech inspections? Yall know we have been pretty relaxed with that, leaving it up to the trail leaders. Do we need to tighten up on that for insurance or club requirements?

Oddly enough I just put the dates in the header.

Cool on the info thread thanks!

Tech inspections are as normal, only thing we stretch are the spare tire can be exchanged with a patch kit and on board air or having someone else in your group with a spare tire that will work for you.

mac 'like the participation already!' gyvr

Back