• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lance Armstrong.

It's incredibly murky. Whether he did or not the part that absolutely pisses me off is that the USADA declared him guilty simply because he decided to stop fighting them any more, not because they actually released any evidence or results. That would never fly in any American court of law and the results are just as damning.

It's incredibly murky. Whether he did or not the part that absolutely pisses me off is that the USADA declared him guilty simply because he decided to stop fighting them any more, not because they actually released any evidence or results. That would never fly in any American court of law and the results are just as damning.

Pretty much how I feel too.

Sure as hell seems like a witch hunt to me! It is impressive what he was able to doafter the cancer, and there is something in the back of my mind that makes me wonder because of the type of cancer he had, but I still doubt it. Is there a list of what is considered a performance enhancer in this situation? Yes steriods and such are considered that, but what about things like whey, creatine, caffine (even soutced from pop), otc pain relievers, etc? When I've gone and lifted, I've taken protein, pain relievers, and some caffine via tea or Coke....somebody wants to raise a stink about it, they could accuse my fat as of such things.

It happens in american courts too, you give up and try to move on and it means your guilty. as far as i'm concerned all these great athletes in one way or another have help being "super athletes" but thats just my opinion.

For me, this ranks up there with hockey, football, soccer, and the NBA as a "who cares."

Considering he's been tested hundreds of times over the years and never once did they have a positive test, I think it's hard to believe that he did.

Not to mention, the testing procedure for the chemical they're testing isn't even that great.

You could be right, Derek but your opinion, or mine or anyone else's shouldn't be used to crucify a guy without proof.

That's just it, he's guilty without real proof of giilt, plus with him being the survivor of testicular cancer, who's to say the so called performance enhancers weren't part of on going post cancer meds he now needs to live a relatively normal life. Two things that bug me about the accusations is that the thought thst he's done well sooooo many times he "must" be cheating, especially when two known "dopers" claim as such even though they may have had to do so to perform at his level. Then there's the whole being accused in and by those in a foreign country thing is just "funny" to me.

He may be stripped of "the titles" but can he walk away with the money he has been paid for endorsements and any monetary reward for winning those titles?

I have read multiple articles written by "nutrionists" who work with top level cyclists and triathletes. ALL of them have stated that they personally have given PED's to most of the top level athletes in those sports and that they know exactly how the athletes are tested so they can get around the tests. Do I think Lance took them? Sure. Do I think everyone else who was close to his level were taking them as well? Sure. Do I think that USADA has a shred of evidence against Lance? No. If there were any actual evidence of this, it would have come out 2 years ago when he was investigated previously. Do I think Lance was "cheating"? No. If he were the only one taking PED's then yes, but everything I have read says that most if not all the top athletes in those sports are using them.

I think Lance gave it up because
1. He just doesn't want to deal with the bs anymore.
2. His goal this year was to get to and win at Kona and even if this investigation was dropped 2 weeks after it was brought up he wouldn't have been able to go there because he wouldn't have been able to complete a WTC 140.6.
3. He is getting older and his type A personality won't let him compete if he doesn't think he can win.

I am glad that Nike is still helping with the foundation because I personally know people who have been helped by liveSTRONG with their cancer battles.

Another thing to note is that as of now, the USADA can't strip him of his titles. They can only pressure the UCI to have them strip the titles since USADA isn't the sanctioning body of of the tour.

I have read multiple articles written by "nutrionists" who work with top level cyclists and triathletes. ALL of them have stated that they personally have given PED's to most of the top level athletes in those sports and that they know exactly how the athletes are tested so they can get around the tests. Do I think Lance took them? Sure. Do I think everyone else who was close to his level were taking them as well? Sure. Do I think that USADA has a shred of evidence against Lance? No. If there were any actual evidence of this, it would have come out 2 years ago when he was investigated previously. Do I think Lance was "cheating"? No. If he were the only one taking PED's then yes, but everything I have read says that most if not all the top athletes in those sports are using them.

I think Lance gave it up because
1. He just doesn't want to deal with the bs anymore.
2. His goal this year was to get to and win at Kona and even if this investigation was dropped 2 weeks after it was brought up he wouldn't have been able to go there because he wouldn't have been able to complete a WTC 140.6.
3. He is getting older and his type A personality won't let him compete if he doesn't think he can win.

I am glad that Nike is still helping with the foundation because I personally know people who have been helped by liveSTRONG with their cancer battles.

Another thing to note is that as of now, the USADA can't strip him of his titles. They can only pressure the UCI to have them strip the titles since USADA isn't the sanctioning body of of the tour.
yea, you cant hate the player, gotta hate the game. I've raced at fairly competetive levels and i'm in the industry, but i still wont watch the races. it's impressive how fast they go, especially knowing what fast times are up the hills they race that i've ridden, but knowing that they blood dope just ruins it for me. zero interest.

I've been watching the pro cycling challenge this week. The most impressive part to me is how much power these guys can put out. The Training Peaks guy was interviewed and was talking about them putting out an average of 7 watts/kilo throughout the 3rd stage. For those not up on bike power, most people who do those Saturday rides put out about 1.5-2 watts/kilo.

Also for those concerned, Lance is still able to do races. Tomorrow he is doing the Power of Four race in Aspen followed by the Aspen Backcountry marathon on Sunday.

yea, you cant hate the player, gotta hate the game. I've raced at fairly competetive levels and i'm in the industry, but i still wont watch the races. it's impressive how fast they go, especially knowing what fast times are up the hills they race that i've ridden, but knowing that they blood dope just ruins it for me. zero interest.

Try as hard as you can your attempts at beer doping just aren't going to work to up your game.

I think it's funny that the US Agency decided to take his titles away, considering that professional cycling is run by an international agency.

Barry Bonds never had a positive test.

If you operate within the rules and the tests given for the sport, you're not cheating.

Did he take something that helped him perform? Probably. Does it matter? Not really. He's performing within the same rules as everyone else.

If you're a ferrari and your buddy is a chevette, giving both of you 110 race gas will still result in the ferrari winning.

Back