• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

L.A. to Seattle and back again: 2600+ miles in 7 Days

Lilian

NAXJA Forum User
What can I say, I love road trips. Even if they are more on pavement than off.

Since my Jeep's fuel efficiency isn't that good, I can't afford to take it on long trips as much as I want to, but this time I had a good excuse. :D

The highlights: my Jeep now has a sunroof, I visited parts of the West Coast I hadn't seen yet, drove on the Beach at Oregon Dunes (we'll go back there for sure next year and spend a couple days), saw more trees and wildlife than I could take pics of, and am currently a little bummed to be back home. :p

Photos:
http://www.mordanna.com/photos/viewer.php?albid=283&stage=1

AWW MAN Im excited, the fam and I are making that trip this weekend, we plan on taking the 5 straight up but there sure is some nice coast line that will be missed.

AWW MAN Im excited, the fam and I are making that trip this weekend, we plan on taking the 5 straight up but there sure is some nice coast line that will be missed.

DO NOT SPEED ON THE 5 THROUGH AVENAL COUNTY! you'll know where it is because they have big signs up saying how many licenses they revoked so far this year. they'll stop you for going 10 over and treat you like you were going 120 (ive been stopped for both lol). They write more speeding tickets in that tiny county than any other county in the state, according to what the judge told me when I got my big ticket. Its too tempting to just hammer down out there when theres nobody on the road as far as the eye can see and its nothing but flat highway with no intersections. :confused1

nice trip! my dad took a similar trip a long time ago except he went to Spokane to visit a friend. for the drive home he decided to just go straight home without stopping, so he ended up driving for 22 hours straight (well except the usual stops for gas, meals and such). so Spokane to OC in 22 hours

Whats the speed limit through there?

nice trip! my dad took a similar trip a long time ago except he went to Spokane to visit a friend. for the drive home he decided to just go straight home without stopping, so he ended up driving for 22 hours straight (well except the usual stops for gas, meals and such). so Spokane to OC in 22 hours

Sounds like a road trip I made in my XJ in '05. My friend and I drove up to Whistler, BC with 8 mountain bikes loaded behind, on top, and inside the XJ. We did the drive up in 2 days, while three other friends flew into Vancouver.

After a week in Whistler, my friend was anxious to get back to his expectant wife. So we drove straight home...26 hours.

My son completed this trip via the coastal route not to long ago on his bicycle and had a wonderful time. Nice pics.....SANTA

Wow, on a bicycle? Respect. I'm not only not in shape for that kind of a trip, but there are some stretches where I'd be scared to ride along the road, especially on weekend days. The thought of enjoying the scenery that way sure is appealing though. :)

Crazy. My limit is about 14 hours, and that's taking turns driving between my husband and I. I can pull off about 8 hours a day straight by myself with only necessity stops, but beyond that my vision just goes downhill.

DO NOT SPEED ON THE 5 THROUGH AVENAL COUNTY! you'll know where it is because they have big signs up saying how many licenses they revoked so far this year. they'll stop you for going 10 over and treat you like you were going 120 (ive been stopped for both lol). They write more speeding tickets in that tiny county than any other county in the state, according to what the judge told me when I got my big ticket. Its too tempting to just hammer down out there when theres nobody on the road as far as the eye can see and its nothing but flat highway with no intersections. :confused1

Doing the trip end of august to my folks place for a week. Great drive but i go a little auto pilot. Fun durring a snow storm though.

@grimm, thanks dude, i now have cereal chunks all over my laptop from laughing so hard at your avatar.

Back