• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knox/ E.TN XJ's?

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Seen alot of diferent ones in Knoxville here lately. Chime in who you are and what you got.

i got this 88 cherokee fellers! It's red, but it looks like somebody chewed it up, and spit it out. This crazy guy I call a freind talked me into buying it. Maybe I'll run into ya'll at the local hamburger joint and will talk about them there xj's over some french fried taters mmmhmmm!:D

Matt, you know me, but for everyone else:
I am without a trail rig right now, but my DD is a white 89 Laredo all stock and the wife's DD is a black 94 Country on 31's with trimmed fenders at stock height....and the trail rig project is in the garage where it will stay until at least next spring.

Mine...Specs:
-4.0l, AX-15, NP231, HP D30, 29 spline 8.25"
-Borla header
-RPM engineering bored TB
-Turbo City Rock-It air intake
-Turbo City Hi-Flow Thermostat Housing
-Turbo City Hi-Flow 180 deg Thermostat
-Jacobs ignition wires
-Jacobs mile master ignition system with coil
-Flowmaster Muffler, Gibson tubing

Suspension:
-Rusty's 5.5" Front and rear springs
-Rusty's long arm kit
-Bilstein 5150 12" front, 10" rears
-JKS BPE's
-JKS Quicker Disconnects
-1.5" rear shackles
-PORC Track bar

Steering:
-Rusty's steering conversion

Drive line:
-HP D30 Front Axle with Full case Detroit Locker
-Yukon Front and Rear Chromoly Axle Shafts
-Yukon 4.56 R&P - Front and Rear
-Chrysler 8.25 29 spline with Detroit Tru trac
-Pro-comp X-Terrains, 35x12.50 on 15x8" Classic 2's with full size spare

Armor:
-Rusty's rock rails
-Loose Nuts Winch Bumper with Warn M8000
-C-Rok Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
-Rusty's Transfer case skid
-Rusty's 8.25 diff cover
-Rusty's D30 Diff Cover

Interior:
-Full swap from Gray to Black with original pieces
-Black leather seats
-Clarion Pro-Audio HU
-Jensen 5.25 in the doors and sound bar
-Pioneer 10" sub in rear quarter running off a pioneer amp

Wifes...
89, 4.0l, aw-4, 231, 30,35. rustys 4.5, porc trackbar, 32x11.50 bfg mt's on steels with the spare in the rack.

Drunk truck, 88 MJ.........you don't even want to know.

hey, you forgot about the custom leather on the passenger seat bottom. i might know an upholstery guy i can refer you to.

Is that the place by the driver testing center, Precision Tint Seats n Stuff? I hear from many people they are the best in East Tennessee and some even the southeast.

I'll let pictures speak for themselves later.

Hey guys. From my screen name, you may know that mine is an 87. Pioneer model to be exact. I haven't had much time to improve it, kinda a work in progress.
Current specs:
Rusty's 4.5 inch front coils
Rusty's 3.5 inch AAL with 2 inch shackles
Rusty's shocks
Factory gears in factory axles
D30f D35:cry: rear
No real other mods to speak of yet.
I have a laundry list of mods for when I get some money:banghead:
If anyone is interested, I can go into detail about my plans.
I have met Jess (Joe) and look forward to the chance to meet the rest of ya'll !!!!!!!!!!!

When we got more people to chime in, lets get some food. I like food:)

shortxjdoug said:
Yeah were the westside xj's bitches!!!! :D

You ain't Westside... You'r beyond bumfuck.

locoo7 said:
i got this 88 cherokee fellers! It's red, but it looks like somebody chewed it up, and spit it out. This crazy guy I call a freind talked me into buying it. Maybe I'll run into ya'll at the local hamburger joint and will talk about them there xj's over some french fried taters mmmhmmm!:D
now you can add a custom honda hood driverside floor pan.:dunno:

Who is up foR a Sunday afternoon meet/ greet/ eat? We'll supply the burgers and hotdogs, BOYB and a bag of chips with you. If ya'll interested than post it up and I'll tell ya where. It will be in West Knoxville seeing how it's a centralized location for everyone.

Back