• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just wanted to vent

So I wanted to do a quick little hour run on a local trail that is one of the few that isn't still covered in snow near me. Its a biking/hiking/4X4 trail and says so on the signs. However, after driving thirty minutes out of my way to the trail head I found it now blocked with boulders that came to the top of my hood so vehicles can't get through! The sign is still the same so makes me wonder if some 4X4 hater felt it was their duty to make their own rules. Of course the ranger and forest service office isn't open on the weekends except from 9-11 on Saturday morning. So anyways thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

get a couple buddies and strap together and drag the boulders out of the way

shotstopper said:
So I wanted to do a quick little hour run on a local trail that is one of the few that isn't still covered in snow near me. Its a biking/hiking/4X4 trail and says so on the signs. However, after driving thirty minutes out of my way to the trail head I found it now blocked with boulders that came to the top of my hood so vehicles can't get through! The sign is still the same so makes me wonder if some 4X4 hater felt it was their duty to make their own rules. Of course the ranger and forest service office isn't open on the weekends except from 9-11 on Saturday morning. So anyways thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Those, son, are called obstacles. They're the reason we go wheeling.

If you don't have enough clearance to get over the rocks, then stack rocks untill you can get over them. If that dosn't work try dynomite, it is the answer to most of lifes problems. This is of course asuming that the rocks were placed there by some one other than the proper authoritys.

ECKSJAY said:
Those, son, are called obstacles. They're the reason we go wheeling.
:cheers:

The readon I asked what trail is because a gatekeeper was recently built on Billings Canyon to reduce the number of incapable vehicles that get stuck and broken on the trail. This gatekeeper was built under the cooperation of the BLM and local 4x4 clubs in an effort to keep the trail OPEN by reducing the number of vehicles that were ruining the area.

atitle_jpg.jpg

Was this a sign you missed on the way in??

That was smart of you to inquire first rather than risk making our already tarnished sport look bad by trespassing.

Back