• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just bought a WJ

Got it for $1100. Has a blown CV on the RF axle. ABS light is on but appears to be just a broken sensor on the LF wheel. Body is straight. Paint is good. Interior is good except for material on sunvisors. The ABS light had the scared, as did the noise from the front end when you turn. They were looking to unload it.

My dad has a WJ, I love the thing. His is a 4.0, 2wd, but its damn comfortable, has been very reliable, and is still his daily with 200k on it... looks near new as well as he's taken good care of it.

My brother got into some trouble with it at Gorman back when we lived in Cali, thankfully for him I was able to buff it out.

If he ever gives it up, I've thought about building it up.

New cam sensor, new abs sensor, new RF axle and all malfunction indicators are off and funny noises are gone. Now just need to find the leak in the A/C. Fillled it with dye last night so we will see where it shows up.

Not the HO engine, but still darn peppy. According to the trip computer I am averaging 23.4 mpg.

Just realized that the temp is in Celsius and the oil pressure is in Bar.

How many miles? Those 4.7s and 45/545RFEs in a higher mileage WJ worry me.

I recently changed out a water pump on my mother's WJ (165k) and was shocked by the amount of corrosion on the timing cover mating surface.
I believe I was very lucky to get it to seal. This is probably why the gasket supplied with the NAPA water pumps is vastly superior to the OEM ones.

Are your blend door(s) making any noises? If so, they're failing. If you're not getting any/much cold air out of your vents, sometimes that's the cause.

How many miles? Those 4.7s and 45/545RFEs in a higher mileage WJ worry me.

I recently changed out a water pump on my mother's WJ (165k) and was shocked by the amount of corrosion on the timing cover mating surface.
I believe I was very lucky to get it to seal. This is probably why the gasket supplied with the NAPA water pumps is vastly superior to the OEM ones.

Are your blend door(s) making any noises? If so, they're failing. If you're not getting any/much cold air out of your vents, sometimes that's the cause.

181K. No blend door issues (not a Limited so not as big of an issue).

Are you still gonna sell it?

Toss up between selling this or the XJ. The WJ needs some TLC and a good interior scrubbing. I'm driving it for a while before I decide what to do.

Back