• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeeps For Joy toy drive event (and raffle!)

whatevah

It's Yellah!
For those that don't know Jeeps For Joy is a charitable organization started by DEJA (Delaware Jeep Association) in 2001.

This will be our 10th year and in that time we have collected over 10,000 toys for children at A.I. DuPont hospital in Wilmington and Children's Choice Foster Care.

Our annual Toy Drive Event will be held Dec. 11th at the Pike Creek shopping center in Wilmington.

We will be accepting toy donations that day and at 1:30pm we will caravan to A.I.DuPont to deliver them.

We will also have some nice raffles that day. Proceeds from the raffles will be used to buy specific toys for Childrens' Choice.

If it wasn't for JFJ and DEJA, many of these children would not have a Christmas.

You may also make a donation with Paypal or a CC on the Jeeps For Joy website.

Jeeps For Joy is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization so all monetary donations are tax deductible.

More info on the Toy Drive and Jeeps for Joy can be found at www.jeepsforjoy.org.

Here are a few pics from years past:
IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

8de77bfc13.jpg

acf0f38166.jpg

Some local supporters have donated items and services for raffle at the event, including many items from Quadratec. Including a Rugged Ridge 8500lb winch! The club is trying to figure out if we can sell raffle tickets online, I'll post up if it's worked out. I believe tickets will sell for $5/ea or $20 for 5 at the event.

I was thinking of going to it from reading it on DEJA. Looks like a good time and a good thing to do.

Im gonna try to make it, hopefully i will one of the jeeps drivable by then...

Always a nice event, most of the Jeepers hang out until the end of the donation event and run in a convoy over to the AI Dupont Childrens Hospital where we leave most of the toys.

I'll probably throw $100 into the winch raffle... little brother needs a winch for his new XJ. :) The raffle money will support toys for a local foster home and upfront costs for next years event.

I may be able to make this too. I have a Toys for Tots meet this weekend in West Chester at County Corvette... but my 69 Camaro is coming out for that one...:laugh:

A.

Tomorrow! You don't even need to bring a toy with you, we're set up in a Kmart parking lot. Buy the toy(s) after you get here. :)

Back