• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep randomly dies but starts right back up HELP

94xjzac

NAXJA Forum User
if im in neutral it doesnt die but when i pull onto the road i get about 200 feet andit just shuts off but starts back up after 2 seconds, could it be the ignition moduel? or the sensor on the bell housing? im not sure, i need to get back on the trails heellpp!

Most likely guess without diagnostics is "the sensor on the bell housing". Crank position sensor (CKP). Although your description is not typical. If you start it up and run it, will it keep running for a long time including getting up to normal operating temperature. If it does, it's less likely to be CKP. What about the normal tune up stuff like spark plugs? Could also be ignition coil. Ignition module (ECM/PCM) does not fail very often.

mine was doing the same thing I replaced the cps (thing in the bell housing) and it still did it not sure if your model has a distributor, if it does check the cam senor inside of it. That was my problem. hope this helps.

well i took the sensor on the bell housing off cleaned it up and put it back on and it works perfect, i revved it up and thats when it started doining it, i think i over revved it or something and it didnt like it, but i drive it all around town and it works perfect, thanks alot guys

Back