• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issues with new Clutch Slave

ONX

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, so I had a external clutch slave cylinder on my '86 2.1 diesel cherokee (AX5 tranny I believe) Bought a new one at autozone, installed it and bled the system. However the clutch is still not engaging. Any thoughts as to why? I have never swapped one out before but it seemed like a really simple procedure and I dont think I ballsed anything up. I am open to suggestions. Thanks for reading!

I had to go through 3 masters and 2 slaves before I found parts that actually functioned as intended. Fluid just bled past the cylinders and never created any actual pressure.

Clutch is still not engaging, or disengaging?

Default operation is engaged, and the Master/ slave system dissengaged the clutch. so the master/ slave system wouldn't tend to cause no engagement because it usually fails as engaged.

Sounds like the release arm bound up if the clutch won't engage.

-Ron

Figured out what the problem is, the braintrust at Autozone sold me the wrong part. I compared the old one to the new one the the new ones rod is about an inch shorter than the old one. Now I have to figure out where I can get a proper one as I was already running short one car at the moment. Any suggestions?

Back