• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is there a six gun for us???

remove airfilter and tube remove cat and cat-back. done.........

Its pretty hard to tune a gas motor on the run like that. Mainly because the changes you can do even if big won't make a huge crazy difference in power. A setup like that is nice for a diesel because you can push buttons to add up to 120hp or more sometimes.

jforse said:
Weld another O2 bung after the second O2 sensor, get a AEM UEGO wideband, and an APEXi AFC. Problem solved!
Why would you put it after the second O2 sensor, i thought that its sole purpose was to monitor the efficiency of the cat. I woulda figured to put an AFR as close to the collector as possible for maximum effectiveness.

BBeach said:
Why would you put it after the second O2 sensor, i thought that its sole purpose was to monitor the efficiency of the cat. I woulda figured to put an AFR as close to the collector as possible for maximum effectiveness.

If someone is to the point of tuning they should not have a cat anymore. After the second O2 sensor is just for convenience of drilling a new hole and welding on the new bung. Ideal placement would be within an est..24" of the collector on the downpipe where it joins the header.

jforse said:
If someone is to the point of tuning they should not have a cat anymore. After the second O2 sensor is just for convenience of drilling a new hole and welding on the new bung. Ideal placement would be within an est..24" of the collector on the downpipe where it joins the header.
Why no cat, im pretty sure there arent any XJ's out there with enough power to "be too good for" a cat. If you're getting a new downpipe anyways, seeing as its some souped up engine, then why not put the O2 sensor up there? Putting it to after where the stock 2nd O2 sensor is, is more than 24" inches...

BBeach said:

Just like my turbo 240 :D

Back