• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In need of a Dana 44 aftermarket diff cover

If you do not find anything local. I recommend ruffstuffspecialties

I just put Solids on front and rear. Good price on sale when I bought them a few weeks ago.

Anyway - I have the stock cover in the karma thread if you need it to get by?

I have one on my Dana 30 and its lasted just fine for about 5 years. Has takin some pretty good hits too

Just put them on, seem fine, beefy with a bit of bling.

I was worried about dragging a lip open on the stockers, not really planning on bashing them into rocks.

I got a little break cleaner in one and the hammer finish gummed up, which kinda sucks. Also haven't really figured a good way to tell the gear oil level.

Well, it should have a fill plug (like most diff covers do) and you stick your pinky finger in and check the level.
One of the things I like about the RS covers is that you can have the drain plug option, which means you do not have to pull the cover to do fluid changes. Only if you need to do something inside.

Well, it should have a fill plug (like most diff covers do) and you stick your pinky finger in and check the level.
One of the things I like about the RS covers is that you can have the drain plug option, which means you do not have to pull the cover to do fluid changes. Only if you need to do something inside.

That drain plug becomes worthless the first time you bash it on a rock and can't fit a hex key it in anymore though.

How do you like the solid diff covers I was looking and you can get them cheap.

I have Solid Axle diff covers on both my Dana 44 and 30, great price on both of them. I like them very much and no issues mounting them. The powder coat holds up well too and good hardware. I have hit them on rock a few times and still look nice.

P.S. I have a stock D44 and 30 cover if need cover asap

Back