• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I hate scorpions

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Of all nights, I rarely get scorpions in the house but some how I managed to step on one accidently. I went into the kitchen without the lights out and step on something, turn the lights on and there's a scorpion squashed laying there. I can't tell yet if it managed to sting me before I unknowingly crushed it.

I have no sting mark or lump on my foot but it is a little numb but I can't tell if that is normal(for me numbness is normal with previous foot injuries), all in my head or the little bastard stung me.

Take some benedryl just in case. I would guess a scorpion sting is about like a bee sting in its effects. We don't have those around here so i'm just guessing.

The right kind can be very seriously poisonous, I don't think this is one of the deadly ones though. I saved it in case I need to ID it ha.

You should be safe, the deadly scorpions don't tend to live out here in the southwest, and even if they do, there's only 2 species that are dangerous to humans that might be found out here. I looked into it when I got stung the first time. Chances are, if he stung you, you would've felt it. The two times I've been stung have been by little guys and I noticed it immediately.

My problem is, my big toe is literally numb(nerve damage) and I am almost certain he stung me there. I had a smallish lump which google says is typical. I had odd numbing on my ankle about an hour later but nothing worse than that. My foot and ankle feel a little off right now after a full night of working on my feet so its weird feeling.

I saved the scoprion for research purposes, I'll see if I can get a picture, looks like a scorpion with a smooshed body...

Back