• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I guess I'll trim the fenders

dfete91

NAXJA Forum User
Went out in the backyard to snap a couple pics today. Pulled the pins on the discos for the first time since I got em and the 33s. This is what happened. Plenty of flex not enough wheel well. Got stuck because of it pushed the fender flare off and bent the front of the fender in. The front tire was also on my bumper. Got unstuck after finding some junk to put under the wheels. I guess it's time to hack the fenders.:D
005.jpg

Well bumpstopping would have been pretty effective. :wave1:

I didn't ruin anything. i just pulled it back out and was done with it. I flexed it a million times with the discos connected with no problem. I guess they make a big difference. Yeah some bumpstops and a lil trimming and I'm good. I learn the hard way.

dfete91 said:
I didn't ruin anything. i just pulled it back out and was done with it. I flexed it a million times with the discos connected with no problem. I guess they make a big difference. Yeah some bumpstops and a lil trimming and I'm good. I learn the hard way.

Oh, I thought you said that the fender, not the flare, was bent inwards...

cut and fold and it'll be good!

The front of the fender did bend in it didn't crease though. I pulled it back out. I have Dub audio subs which are actually audiobahns. Had em for over 2 years and just as loud as ever. The stickers went on there when it was stock and i had never even thought about wheelin. Going out to trim the fenderrs and bumper right now.

fendertrimming001.jpg

Well I got em hacked up today. Pretty good cutting huh? All of my bolts broke when i went to take em off, so i decided to go with nylon rivets instead. They hold pretty dang tight. And easy to take off.
fendertrimming003.jpg

Back